Flat Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat Black

Hey, I just baught a spray can of flat black paint in order to paint my bike. I tried it on a old seat post it came out nice. Any pointers painting my bike??? Like am I souppose to just wash the bike and then paint it?

(Oviously the bike is gone be taken apart before)

So any one help?

Sand it down and then clean it really well for maximum adhesion.

Comment

Sand down the paint using what???

Sand paper lol

I'm just not too good with this hole painting

Comment

Get it powder coated.

Comment

take some sand paper...from 3m, probaly one of the better sandpaper companies out there. cut the sheets into 4 squares and let'e, soak in water, your gona need at least 3 full size sheets...maybe more...soak'em and then begin to sand...periodically rubbing ur hands over the sanded area to make sure it's "grippy" enough....i use 500 and then 1000 grit sand paper on most of my projects...as u progress go into more fine grain sand papers some even use 2000 and 4000 grit....more for car's but you get the point, use basic knowledge and common sense. just sand it well....the better you sand it the better the paint will stick...the longer it will last...

Comment

for painting...um I'm currently doing that to my car. What to use is wet/dry sand paper, usually a grey or black. Itll say it on the top on on the back of the paper. 400/320/220 grit... 220 for the stratches...then move yup for the lightest areas. You have to feather it out you'll understand once you do it. When sparying you have to be constantly moving or youll get leaks. back and forth motions help..keeps you moving good. Do like 2 layers and it should be fine unless yu want a clear coat too.

Comment

Bike?

I work at a body shop. You guys are right, Wet sanding is the way to go. For a bike? jeez, either powercoat it or put a lot of clear coat on that thing to protect it.

Comment

Working...
              X