86 200sx turbo???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 86 200sx turbo???

Does any know how a silvia s12 would handle at drifting.
    or if an sr20det would fit into it?

sr20 would fit, car would handle fine, just hard to get parts, one half of the suspension uses 280z parts, the other half uses z31 parts.

engine bay tends to get cramped, especially with the vg30e

Comment

200sx

I'm pretty sure I blew the head the other day. I don't know if I should fix the ca18et or put in a ca18det of sr20det.

Comment

it can drift but your gonna have to replace alot of things cus its so old

Comment

does anyone know someone that drifts a s12?
          Attached Files

Comment

^_^

go with the sr, just because an s12 is very weight sensitive

Comment

For one what is the weight ratio for the engine now, and how much is the SR going to change that. I am a CA18DET guy myself. I say we all go with the Koguchi Power plant.

Comment

The CA18DET is indeed the best swap for the S12. The main reason being that it uses the same engine mounts as the CA18ET and bolts right in. The SR20 on the other hand requires a custom driveshaft to be fitted and makes the gear box sit farther back I know because a guy named Ceaser did an SR swap into an S12 and this is what he had to do to get it to work. When my CA18ET goes i'm going CA18DET as it is much cheaper and still has a ton of pontential and makes for an easier swap.

Comment

Theres a couple of s12 drifters on driftcentral.com. They love em and one of them has a VG in theirs.
                  Last edited by hachiroku-fc3s; 12-05-2003, 02:16 PM.

Comment

would you be intrested in selling me the ca18et , i would pay about 300 for it if it has a blown head gasket hit me up at tony_montana240sx@yahoo.com

Comment

semi off topic but most of the s13 suspension components will work in the s12.

Comment

www.club-s12.org

for all of your 200SX/S12 needs and questions!! yes the SR20 does fit and you can find links to pics on the site.

btw, i own an '85 200SX Turbo aka S12.

Comment

wow 3 200sx threads at once
                          go here for more info:

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...12&pagenumber=

Comment

Ca18det Done!

Yeah last summer i Finally put in a ca18det and now its a fun little car.

Comment

Working...
                            X