Seat advice needed!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat advice needed!!!

Need some opinions on seats. Gonna be used in a daily driven 240 so I need something comfortable by day but will keep me in place by nite.

suggestions please!

thanks!!!

The Bride ErgoII should be good. Available with free shipping at www.brideseats.com If you dont want the ergo2, just make sure you get an udjustable seat for daily driving comfort.

Comment

Sparco or Recaro...

I don't know names of the different types of seats because I haven't shopped for seats in like years...

Matt.

Comment

if u can find um u can get the skyline r32 or r34 seats they look great and feel nice 2 if its gonna b a daily driven car

Comment

Just a note, there was some mention before about some seats being illegal. For example, a 5 point harness setup is illegal to drive on the road(read it in an older post). You can search and see if you can find some older posts discussing seats. Just keep that in mind, look for seats that will maintain the default seatbelt configuration. I don't know if the illegality is state dependent. I hope others can fill you in a little.

I've thought about seats in the past, but have since ignored them for now. The stock seats in my Forester are probably the best supporting seats I've ever sat in for lateral support. I test drove a SVT Focus with Recaro seats, and I like my stock Forester ones better, lol, although my seats are a bit shorter in length than I'd like.

Comment

Originally posted by Drift For Food
            Just a note, there was some mention before about some seats being illegal. For example, a 5 point harness setup is illegal to drive on the road
            ill have to do the search, but i find that stupid. I 5 point harness in my opinion is way stringer and safer than a normal seat belt. but good thign i know this now. or i could of gotten in trouble.

Comment

I think its against the law because if your car flips over, youre stuck in that position and the roof can colapse on your head. with a normal seatbelt, you'll be able to slide around. Of course, if you have a full roll cage and a harness, I think it would be safer than the seatbelt

Another thing, i dunno if youve ever worn a 4 point or 5 point harness, but if you have, you'll have noticed that you cant really move at all. sometimes you need to move a bit to check blind spots while driving, but the harness pretty much pins you to the seat.

Comment

California's so lame its illegal to just ponder about modifying your car.

Comment

I'd like to see evidence of an accident caused by a driver wearing a four/five/six-point harness. Most of the time, I would think people are smart enough to get a wide-angle rear-view mirror and adjust their side mirrors so looking over your shoulder isn't even needed.

The guy from whom I'm buying my coupe was in a rollover and the racing seat saved his life. The roof only crumped until it contacted the seat, no more. Oh, it was a Bride seat, too.

Comment

I guess it depends on your price range. With seats, I've noticed you get what you pay for. Recaro's are expensive, but they are really supportive and their bolstering keeps you well placed. The recaro's in the Evo VIII were uncomfortable to me, but the seats from STi were pretty comfortable and just as supportive. As far as the 5 point harness thing, I never heard of that before. I know that some 4 point harnesses are DOT legal, think the Simpson ones are. I can't rely on just mirrors myself. On some cars, mirrors just wont cover every blindspot, so in normal daily driving, I think looking over your shoulder is still the best way to see if someones beside you. A friend of mine had slammed into the car next to him thinking he setup his mirrors properly, also had a wideview mirror. He never bothered looking over his shoulder and always relied on mirrors until that happened.

Comment

on a side note are roll cage's illegal? imo its safer

Comment

It's safer, yes, but if you don't pad it, you could crack your head wide open. And you're no use to the government dead.

Comment

Now this is a beauty!

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech

The guy from whom I'm buying my coupe was in a rollover and the racing seat saved his life. The roof only crumped until it contacted the seat, no more. Oh, it was a Bride seat, too.
                            Well i cant speak for everyone, but when im driving my FC, theres that one particular blind spot right before the hatch glass and i need room to lean forward a bit and turn around to check it. i cant drive without my driver side mirror showing atleast a little bit of the side of my car. Im sure maybe other people could do it, but thats just the way i like it.

I feel more comfortable driving on the street with the normal seatbelt. I guess its something you could just get used to though. I heard that some 4 point harnesses were DOT approved as well, but i dont know which ones though.

Comment

personally i would prefer a seat that is comfortable for me (duh), preferably fia (or other organization) approved, and not some crap product, such as apc (i dont want to get killed by a seat)

Comment

Working...
                              X