Video from my camera to the computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video from my camera to the computer?

whats a way for me to get video from my camera to the computer? lots and lots of sonoma footy !!!

Re: camera to computer

Originally posted by servinmcgervin
    whats a way for me to get video from my camera to the computer? lots and lots of sonoma footy !!!
    firewire....depends on your camcorder though.Some might have something like an i-link as well.

Comment

if you have an older camera then youll probably have to get a little thing that converts the analog signal to a digital and then it goes to computer.

Comment

Hmm, you just need the hardware and software. For example, you'll need some type of line in to go from the camera to the computer. My camcorder runs a 3.5mm jack to dual RCA's(one for video and one for mono sound). I have an ATI TV tuner card, so I can run my RCAs to the inputs of that and just record using my ATI Media Center. I have both the hardware and the software.

Now, if yours is a digital format like it's recorded on a little CD or on a flash card, you should be able to read it in your CD-Rom or from a compact flash card reader. Then you'll just need a player to play it, Windows Media Player should work, but you may need another player if it's in a specific format like DVD. Mine's an 8mm camcorder, so I'm not so lucky. I have to go the other route.

Comment

there is a very easy way. you can buy a.....dazzle digital recorder. you plug the yellow,white, and red cables in and it has this program you use to take it off whatever. you could even backup your whatever uses those you want.

Comment

the camera is a Sony digital 8...i have a usb cord that i can plug into the computer but still nothing comes up...

Comment

i think im supposed to have a cd that installs a driver thats needed. so i might be screwed for a few days while i try and figure something else out. a buddy of mine has practically the same footage being he filmed everything from right beside me, and as far as i know he has put many a video on to websites and what not...i'll just get him to serv the video to you others...one other question where are people getting there profile icon things??? im new to this site, as im sure you can tell.

Comment

o.k., i found the memory stick under removable drives, but i would have needed to record things in memory mode to be able to view them. is there a way for me to bring the video from digital 8 tape, to the comp? firewire is sounding the way to go.

Comment

If it's a tape format, like my 8mm camcorder, then you'll need to connect whatever wires the camcorder came with to the computer. If the camcorder came with a usb wire to connect to the computer with, use that. Now, you need to play the video. As it runs, data is sent to the computer through the USB. Now in order to see it and to even save it, you'll need a program that can recognize the data coming in and allow you to save it in whatever format you want. My ATI TV Wonder makes things simple, both the hardware and software all there. For you, you may need to see what came on that CD that came with your camcorder. Otherwise, so some searching online to see what others with the same camcorder(or similar) suggest.

Comment

Working...
                  X