Wanna be drifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna be drifter

Hey guys! I love watching drift videos and hearing stories about drifting and now I think it's my turn. I just turned 16 and I just got my permit yesterday, but I have alot of driving experience. I read a few things on here for new drifters but there are some things I'd like to know.

What are the top 3 best cars for a beginner?
    What basic mods, if any, would be good for a beginner?
    Is anyone else here from Rhose Island?

Thanks alot guys.

use the search button

Comment

Re: Wanna be drifter

Read some of the threads in this New to Drifting forum.

In Your Opinion Whats The Best Drift Car
      http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=6034

Noobs start here (BEGINNERS)
      http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...?threadid=5561

Originally posted by RYS
      Hey guys! I love watching drift videos and hearing stories about drifting and now I think it's my turn. I just turned 16 and I just got my permit yesterday, but I have alot of driving experience. I read a few things on here for new drifters but there are some things I'd like to know.

What are the top 3 best cars for a beginner?
      What basic mods, if any, would be good for a beginner?
      Is anyone else here from Rhose Island?

Thanks alot guys.

Comment

hey welcome to the boards. just got youre permit eh? honest opinion, you gotta be willing to shell out mad cash and youre gonna be broke as *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* most of the time even with a job(being a teen thats how it is...) im thinking its a smarter idea to just save up... its gonna take alot of time and dedication but if youre truely in it for the long haul youll do fine and since you seem fairly new to drifting.. you might want to lurk around different drifting/car enthusiest forums. (you can pick up alot of useful info) yeah and use the search button nice tutorials by nissanguy on this forum for beginners so look for those

everything about the 240sx (s13) is ideal for drifting... sad to say thats the reason they are selling like hotcakes nowadays. lots of other nice cars but id say its your best bet.

mods... work on suspension and also lsd is nice. im from ca, straight across the us

alot of driving expeirence...? youre gonna have a long way to go in drifting trust me.. but remember drifting is fun! thats the main idea. itll become a major reason to your life if youre serious... ok im gonna stop with this *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* and let you go! im just seriously bored

hope this steers you in the right direction

Comment

Hey, thanks for the positive reply. I was thinking for my first car/first drift car to go across the street to some guy who has an 80's corolla coupe and buy it from him for cheap. It's pretty beat up so I'm thinking it would be good cause if I crash it it won't really mean much. But, it's an automatic and I want to learn on a manual. Perhaps just to try out a few techniques it would be ok?

Comment

+1 to comrade (is he a commie??)
            +1.1 to spinitsidewayz! (also a red maybe?)

Comment

Originally posted by RYS
              Hey, thanks for the positive reply. I was thinking for my first car/first drift car to go across the street to some guy who has an 80's corolla coupe and buy it from him for cheap. It's pretty beat up so I'm thinking it would be good cause if I crash it it won't really mean much. But, it's an automatic and I want to learn on a manual. Perhaps just to try out a few techniques it would be ok?

No doubt a manual will be more fun however you can learn alot in an automatic, and its my belief (just my belief) that it can produce a stronger driver. Because you've learned something other then relieing on clutching techniques.. im talking about more advanced weight transfer techniques, not just the trusty handbrake.

Comment

Yeah, I read your guides on noob drifting a few months back and I think the automatic trans. wouldn't be a bad idea. I can focus mainly on my skill instead of shifting untill I get the hang of it.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                  +1 to comrade (is he a commie??)
                  +1.1 to spinitsidewayz! (also a red maybe?)

gf is chinese. i tease her about that all the time

and whats this rys has silvia sig now? dude those manga cars are nice. do you have a 240 coupe or one-via?

about tranny.. you could always swap once you feel the auto is holding you back. im pretty sure the engine is gonna die on you someday so might as well.

Comment

I think I have to get a jo soon so I can start saving up. I'd really like to get a corolla or a 240. About the manga cars, get at me on AIM and I'll show you all you want to see. i2y5

Comment

Working...
                    X