Menchi got an S13!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menchi got an S13!!!!!

I needed to announce this to the drifting community, sorry I know it's been a while since I have posted, but I have a 90' 240sx, yea I know, I thought the same thing, damn one year away from DOHC, but I love it anyway, I might get another tomorrow, and then I will work on then both all winter, anyway.......thanks for reading this near worthless thread, sorry mods for using up bandwidth, and memory on the servers, now I think I am going to read every bit of info on this forum about the car, there is so much,

forgot to mention this and I was wondering what everyone think, as everyone with a bit of knowlage about cars knows, the stock cams, are usually optimised for low speed driving, opens on intake closes on exhaust as it should, but that doesn't work as well at high speed because it can't suck air in that quickly, hence the invention of after market cams which work well at high speeds but makes the car hard to start and isn't very good at low speed, and then there was V-tec to solve this, but in an engine without V-tec, you have to choose, I was thinking what about one of each, which might be possible in a DOHC engine, use both types which might be a comprimise between the two, anyway if this has been dome or people have though of beter ways to get arounf this, I'd like to know, the only thing I can think to do in an engine without variable valve timing, is polish the intake ports, but that doesn't really solve the problem.

Comment

See in DOHC one camshaft controls intake, and the other exhaust, allowing you to tune them seperately, a few degrees here and there kind of thing, but you cant put very different cam shafts in.. because the shafts need to work together.. anyways its late ill post a better description later...

oh yah and congrats on the car.

Comment

thanks, I understand now, hmmm, I guess I'm stuck with what Ive got,

Comment

cool fb or coupe? safe to say im sure youre gonna spend a grip of time on nissan boards now

oh yeah pignose>kouki and chouki
          Last edited by spinitsidewayz!; 07-13-2004, 11:59 PM.

Comment

it's a fastback, I perfer that style even thou it isn't as rigid as the coupe, it's lighter i hear, and yes, Iwill be spending alot more time on nissan boards, any recommendations?

Comment

heres the prettiest "pig nose" as you call them i have ever seen.. sorry for the crappy picture.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Menchi
                it's a fastback, I perfer that style even thou it isn't as rigid as the coupe, it's lighter i hear, and yes, Iwill be spending alot more time on nissan boards, any recommendations?
                Actually all things equal they are slightly heavier the extra glass in the rear i supose.. on the plus side that leads to a slightly better weight distribution.

Comment

another silly question...... what kind of oil does everyone use in thier KA, can it handle sythetic?? I don't know how you know to put syth or conv in the engine, I think some convetional would be alright but I would prefer syth to keep this thing running as long as I can,

Comment

Originally posted by Menchi
                    another silly question...... what kind of oil does everyone use in thier KA, can it handle sythetic?? I don't know how you know to put syth or conv in the engine, I think some convetional would be alright but I would prefer syth to keep this thing running as long as I can,
                    yes it can use synthetic, 10w30, and i have had no problems

Comment

thank you

Comment

took ya long enough, Did you blow up the cavalier?

If not...do you want to?

Comment

Cavis blow up like whoa.

Comment

Congrats, Menchi!

I got a 240SX recently, too.

Comment

Good to see ya got a 240 man. Good luck with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X