ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NASA US Drift @ Summit Point: My first event…..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASA US Drift @ Summit Point: My first event…..

Well, I finally got to my first Drift event this past weekend. It was @ Summit Point Raceway just west of Washington DC. Since I really have nothing to compare it to, I thought it was pretty cool……. It didn’t have all the “flashy” cars that I’ve seen on the videos but it did have some good competitors that are passionate about the sport.

Of coarse the field was dominated by 240’s (which if I remember right, won the deal) but Team Lexus was there, as was a 600HP M3, a few Toyotas and even a guy driving a fairly stock Miata for all it was worth.

As for the track: the layout was cool but from what I could tell, it was defiantly a Horsepower track with big corners and long straight aways. There was a small but good car show, a band and a decent manufacturers “midway” and even a car roll-over contest. Off on another track they also had a Drifting 101 clinic going on. That was very cool seeing guys try Drifting out for the first time……..

All and all, I had a great time and can’t wait for my next one…… Lets hear it for the East-Coasters!!

Later

It was a good event. Team Lexus needs alot of work, on the car and the driver. Oh and by the way, Dado's M3 is not 600hp, he has alot of work done and a turbo but that thing is more like 350-400 max. For those of you not familiar, his M3 was from the Tekademics Mischif 3000 video. Anywho, glad you could make it out, hope you come to the Falken event next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by su_maverick
      Oh and by the way, Dado's M3 is not 600hp, he has alot of work done and a turbo but that thing is more like 350-400 max.
      LOL......... Well, you know how rumors get..... What can you do...?

I think the Lexus guys will do good once their man gets used to the car. From what I understand, it was his first time driving it......

Comment

aww man i whanted to go watch.... but i forgot about it

Comment

Originally posted by zdss14
          aww man i whanted to go watch.... but i forgot about it
          That's because I don't think anybody is Promoting or talking about the US Drift events enough......

They ran a good show. Eastcoasters just need to get more verbal about action out here.........

Comment

Originally posted by su_maverick
            It was a good event. Team Lexus needs alot of work, on the car and the driver. Oh and by the way, Dado's M3 is not 600hp, he has alot of work done and a turbo but that thing is more like 350-400 max. For those of you not familiar, his M3 was from the Tekademics Mischif 3000 video. Anywho, glad you could make it out, hope you come to the Falken event next weekend.
            it actually put down 450 hp to the wheels at 14psi (very conservative). I was running just around 380 to the wheels at hyperfest since the car was set at 10psi. These are numbers to the wheels, if I increase the boost just a little more it will easily make 600 to the motor.

As for the part that broke, the rear lower control arm snapped.
            Last edited by Dado; 08-15-2004, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X