zipzap drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zipzap drifting

Anybody ever try to drift their zip zap if anybody even has one? ive never seen any of them sideways on the internet, everyone just drag races them and thats boring as hell when its that small. Im just curious to see if its actually possible and if that means me wasting 20 bucks to try it... then sure, why not...

yea i want to know this to i have heard they dont and that bit chargers do i saw a 86 bit charger for $45 i was going to buy it but i dont think i understand how to assemble it was japanese i dont know also does anyone know if the mircosizers or the ones from fastlane they had a r34 and a rx-7 fd body for both of those

Comment

well, i have a bit char-g, which is pretty similiar to a zipzap, and ive tried drifting it, but it doesnt work too well. its too small and the tires have too much grip. without the tires it has too little grip and it spins out very easily.

i think they have special plastic tired or something u can put onto these cars that u can use for drifting, but i dont have em and have never seen vids of someone drifting with em.

oh, and cfran..im not quite sure what u mean, but if microsizers dont come with FD or R34 bodies, u could always buy one off the internet or something.

Comment

what about xmods?? anybody drift those?

Comment

i 've drifted mine. i'd take off the tires and put it on a smooth flat surface but its hard they spin out alot but possible
          yes i have seen plastic tires around but forget where

Comment

Xmods can be drifted, ive seen vids of them drifting. ide get one, but i have a severe lack of fundage.

Comment

ive read somewhere, i cant recall were tho, but if you put regular clear scotch tape on the tires of ur x mod that it slides really good on hard wood floor and other types of floors that are smooth like tile and stuff like that......hope that helped....

Comment

wonder if i could ghetto fab up some tires if i get a zipzap and see if i could drift it on my hardwood floors... scotch tape seems kinda grippy though... but maybe, i can see it working. If it doesnt slide then im just gonna make a small touge course down my driveway somday and just mess around on that since im probably gonna by one of the initial d series. also maybe the nos motor will work since its the fastest motor for them.

Comment

dude, scotch tape is smooth. seriously...

Comment

but you also gotta think about the lack in power when it comes to zipzaps

Comment

there are zipzaps with little turbocharged engines but to activate it you have to press a button

Comment

i've had the x mod and i spent so much time tryin to fix the thing i never got a chance to drift it

the wires on the inside were suadered crappy and broke so i took it back.

i'm prolly gunna get a zipzap and terrorize my dog and cats with it and try to get it sideways....should be fun

Comment

ive drifted a xmod. cover the tires w/ electrical tape works pretty good

Comment

on the zipzap website they have a nitrous express motor that can hit 34,000 rpm. And the best part about electric motors is that their power band starts at 0 and is optimized through the entire powerband. So if an electric motor has 100 horsepower, on a dyno itll produce 100 horsepower from 0 all the way to redline.

Comment

rwd xmod drifting works really. no tape or awd crap

spring: h/h
                              toe in: 4.5
                              tire: h/s or m
                              lsd and steering mod
                              (lots of other minor stuff)
                              *dusty garage floor
                              lots of practice

nice when you have alot of spare time, or have no money for real tires =/

Comment

Working...
                              X