black top vs red top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black top vs red top

i got a 1991 240sx and im going to try puting a sr20det motor in it but dont know with one to drop in the black top or the red top with one is better for the money and what should be the first mod i do to it ive allready looked on the others treads and did not find what i was looking for so i had to make a new one thanx

first welcome 2 drifting.com second nice totoro
    but yea i think for your 91 i'd get the black top it will pritty much drop rite in so it shouldnt b 2 hard. if u wanna drift just go w/ the bare minimal ya kno? like intake, exhaust, seat, ecu, stearing wheel and most important the SUSPENSION. if u hav enough money get a lsd also

Comment

I say go Red...

Why? For the same reason you asked...

You're going to buy it anyways, you just wanted us to tell you to do it...

Next time ask for performance advice... no offense...

Matt.

Comment

you planning for a aftermarket surge tank if so most respectable ones only fit the s14 sr20 not the red top. If you aint got the money for that and the throtle body just get the red.

Comment

If you go for the Black top you'll probably spend around $2k more on the engine alone that could be used to get a giant turbo and intercooler for a red top.

If you have the money go for it, but I think that you'll find that there are a lot of more effective ways to improve your S13 with that $5-7k.

With the money it would cost to do the swap you could get a LSD, Silkroad coilovers ($1350 shipped I believe), a rollcage (mucho stiff-o), a nice light helmet, a sparco seat, a Momo steering wheel, some TC rods, some Z31 brakes and master cylinder, full exhaust system, cold air intake, and still have enough money for a season of used tires!

If you really want to spend it on power you could get yourself a KA Turbo kit and replacement motor along with a F-con Pro for about half of what you'd spend on a SR swap and you won't even need a hoist. Don't count out the KA power!

-MR

Comment

look at the mileage and condition of the clip. that should tell you which one to get. personally I say get the blacktop cuz of less miles generally. if you can afford the s14 blacktop get that one since it's got the better turbo and better water pump with probably alot less miles than the s13 motors.

Comment

Thankx guys for all ur help i m going to pick my car up today i got it for $400 im going to post some pic of it later im going to do the swap with some of my friends we are in to the mechamic thing yea i was thinking of going with the red top i just wanted to see the u guys thought about it im going to sripe the inside its going to my new project with my dad im going to strat drifting in that car ive drifted every thing i got go-carts golf-carts ill keep u guys updated on the car

Comment

Working...
              X