sponsorship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sponsorship

hey i just requested sponsorship from RS*R racing springs and falken tires.. i hope it works out well cause i drift at a drifting event and i need a sponsor to keep me going because my falken tires are all worn out from drifting and i need falken to sponsor me to supply me with tires, and i need the RS*R springs for drfiting, because mine is stock and its horrible, but i can drift my car very well. do you guys think i can get luck for a sponsorship? i've seen some ppl who jsut got their car (240sx) got sponsored by RS*R or tanabe and/or such companies.

Maybe, you should try for a sponsorship from soulglow activator juice? aswell?

Comment

Originally posted by P1STON2ROTARY
      Maybe, you should try for a sponsorship from soulglow activator juice? aswell?
      JUST LET YOUR SOUUUUUUUUUL GLOOOOOOOOOW. JUST LET IT SHINE THROUGH! JUST LET YOUR SOUUUUUUUUUUUL GLOW BABY. FEELIN OH SO SILKY SMOOTH!

Comment

You'd have to be really good. Companies like RS*R and Falken don't just sponsor anybody. I dunno, hopefully some of the pros will help you out w/ some info. Good luck to you though.

Comment

man i hope so.

Comment

All I can say is good luck!
            Its not how good you are alot of the times but who you know.
            BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer
              All I can say is good luck!
              Its not how good you are alot of the times but who you know.
              So true! I won't of gotten most of my sponsors with out help from poeple in the Drifting/import world helping me out.

Comment

Right now there are 50 bazillion kids trying to get sponsored.

What happens if you turn out not to like the RSR parts?

IMO - build the car with what YOU want and use it how YOU want to. Sponsors are for people like Alex and Andy and JR who can't afford to get to the national events out of their own pocket AND pay for replacement parts at full price.

Heck, from the way Alex explains it, he's almost living hand-to-mouth even with his own company.

-MR

Comment

A lot of it is who you know like Alex said. Also...if you are asking these people for freebies, realize you must come at them with a LOT of information. You must also relay it in a very professional way.

Write a formal proposal telling about yourself, your car, your past and your future plans. WHat events? Where? When? Say something about yourself that makes you unique. Send in pics and or vid if possible. Etc etc.

Best of luck to ya...its a tough one

Comment

First I reccommend making a list of who you want to get sponsorships from, Call them and find out who handles sponsorships try to chat with the person in charge of sponsorships and let them know you are interested in representing there company and running there product get there email address tell them you will be sending a proposal.THEN
                    What you need to do is get an itinerary and a proposal together. Manufacturers want you to be at as many large scale events as possible as the reason you will get sponsored is so that there product will get seen by the masses. Your proposal should include Past accomplishments and future ambitions, Current modifications done to car , future modifications to be done to your car. Bio about yourself who you are teams/ clubs your affiliated with. Past TV or magazine coverage. What you want from the company you are trying to get sponsored by and what you will do for them in return. (ex Falken I would like 30 tires for the 2005 drift season In return I will run 48 inch vinyl decals on my______ for all of the drifting events.) something to that effect.

I Drive my Blue s13 on Team Falken but I marketed myself all last year to get the multiple sponsors I have now. Some people get sponsors just because they know people however I was able to get them from driving hard, Going to a ton of events, working hard on proposals and just following through. Good luck It is definately not the easiest thing you will ever do.

JR

www.importintelligence.com/gittin.htm
                    www.driftalliance.com
                    TEAM FALKEN

Comment

it's one of the hardest things to get, when it comes to cash sponsors thats even harder. It's a full time job chasing down and taking care of sponsors.

here's an article i wrote about at IGN.com

http://cars.ign.com/articles/511/511318p1.html

Comment

Working...
                      X