ROAD & TRACK (Drifting article) Aug. 04 Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROAD & TRACK (Drifting article) Aug. 04 Issue

Aug 04 issue pgs 90-96. Im about to start reading it now, lets hear your comments.

Rhys, Sam, Gushi, Jasper and a few others are in it

"drifting is to racing, as rap is to music"...um, k.
    Last edited by Todd@Tires.com; 07-16-2004, 03:11 PM.

road & track online article

Comment

i dont get it...

Comment

I guess for some reason they want to change they way drifting is judged...

Comment

wtf are they talking about?
          someone translate please.

Comment

by the looks of it they wanna codify the rules, making it the same accross the board with sanctioned rules...

thats just a guess though

Comment

ohhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
              so let the apeals process begin.
              Is that what they want?

Comment

Wow...

Is it just me or was that a little too crazy to read? After reading it I had a "whhaaaaa?" face on.

Comment

It is certainly true that their article is a bit screwed up... it's not their usual extremely coherent style.

Aerodriving sounds like exactly the thing drifters are doing. They're using tried-and-true drifting initiation techniques but with their own flair. I have no idea what Mr. Simantis is talking about as he's never really brought up anything that... that... redundant before.

Comment

Sounds to me like the author dosn't quite understand how the sport is currently judged so he comes up with some crazy new "plan." Must add structure!!

CH decoder ring: Back in 98 some guys wanted to make some sort of aerobatic driving sport that I guess could resemble drifting in some ways. Aerobatic means spectacular stunts, such as rolls and loops, performed in an airplane or glider. So they wanted to create a sport out of stunt driving, and their version is judged on how well the drivers perform different "maneuvers". So now fastforward to today and drifting is the newest "thing". He wants to somehoe combine the two?? Not sure. When he says "What's needed is a notation in which to codify these maneuvers" I think he's saying "I dont know the names of these insane drifting techniques I'm watching so someone please write it down for me". hahah. So then they can change all the terminology to something they call "aerodriving language" and then use it for stunt driving photoshoots. I dunno thats my guess anyway hahahaha.

The question the author should be asking himself is "If the current rules of the sport have been working fine in Japan competition for over 10 years, why would anyone have to change anything?"

Comment

having not read the article, i can already say that it's the dumbest thing i've ever read.

Comment

Wow. That article made no sense whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
                        X