Formula 1 Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula 1 Opinions

I know it isnt drifting so i put it in OFF TOPIC section,......

I am a huge F1 fan, watching and OR hearing those engines roar to 18,000 RPM just makes me want to punch a wall until i hear the sound. What do you guys (and gals , (If any) ) think of this sport. Its be around a long time (Since 1950) and much hasnt changed, open wheel, beautiful race tracks, and cars. Amazing crashes, tragedys, etc, its like the Soccer of motor racing, the Beautiful sport.

I just want to know you opinons for this years season and FERRARI domination once again. Personally I like BAR:Honda since they were LOLA:Honda, Honda makes the F1 car RWD but Civics FF, wth?!

F1 is a great division of motorsports. I think Schumacher is one of the greatest race drivers to ever walk this earth. In the rain, he'll experiment with lines until he finds the right one... then he'll shave two seconds a lap off his time. Amazing.

Comment

there is no doubt he is good. but I sort of see him in a bit of a jam when he isn't in first place. when he is in like 6th place or so and in the middle of a pack of cars, he seems to stay there. he doesn't really pass and the only way he gets by them is he waits untill they pit and makes a huge(when he is in front) and that is how he wins pretty much all the time if he didn't start on pole.

but I belive Ayrton Senna is the greatest there ever was(him or Tazio Nuvolari. and F1 has been going on before 1950. I would say it was happening since early 1920's or so(maybe even before that), but it was known as Grand Prix racing. in 1950 it came to be know officially as Formula 1 Grand Prix. It is one of the oldest forms of motorsports racing, so I say it deserves a bit of respect.

but my favorites for right now is Fernando Alonso and Giancarlo Fisichella. those are two up-coming talents and you should keep your eye on them. give them some more experience and maybe a better car and you might see some good competition for a certain german in F1 racing.

about Fisichella though, what he pulled off at the British GP was simply amazing. he started in 19th place and finished in 6th overall(was in 5th place for a second). I'm not even sure if Schumi could pull that off. as I said, keep your eye on those two.

rock.

Comment

what i think is.......GO FERRARI!!!

i love watching Micheal run the laps...i liked watching him even before the team started ther enormously ridiculous lead....i also think its cool that ferrari has a 1 2 on the drivers championship. both drivers are awsome, and even though micheal seems to pass everyone when they pit, if you watch his lap times, he runs consistanly faster than everyone else...like in the british gp, he started in fourth, and then just started to quicken his pace, and then within like 3 laps of speeding up, he had about 4 seconds on kimi raikkonen...man though, i love F1...its so much fun to watch. like a week ago i got the oportunity to look in person at raikkonen and coulthard's cars from last season...they were sooo bad a$$..i could not belive the size of the cars. they look like they are kinda big out there, but i realized i couldnt even sit inside one of them. in total length, they are about 8 ft long, which is quite small. and the tech on those cars is sweet. i just love the whole series.

Comment

Ferrari is TEH OWNAGE, no doubting that but you guys gotta give it up to Taku and Jenson from BAR:Honda, last year they ran horrible, this year, theyre in 3rd, ahead of Mercedes! Another team is Sauber, they are running the same Ferrari engine, but what seems to resemble Ferraris F2003-GA chassis from last year, they are also beating Mercedes, but "Mercedes will rise up, they will rise like a phoneix". Next year WILL be an interesting year!

Comment

NismoSigma it's great to have a fellow race fan on the boards.
            I've heard those 18k rpm motors and they do sound incredible. When you an F1 car in person the sound is otherworldy, loud and piercing. I'd watched F1 races on TV but when I saw those cars in real life and found out what they were capable of I was amazed.

Yes Schumacher is a great driver, but I don't believe he is lightyears ahead of J.P. Montoya, Marcus Gronholm or Jeff Gordon (yeah guys Gordon can drive. He came within 2 seconds of JP montoyas best lap time in the Williams in just his first few laps in the car at Indy and his time would've qualified him 5th on the grid.). Personally I hate how Schumacher gripes when Montoya isn't afraid to get racy with him.

All in all Ferrari dominating isn't surprising. When you stop and think about it, only Ferrari have both a stable of rich clientel that buy and collect their cars, and a company that's sole purpose is creating race cars and race cars for the street. Simply put other large corporations like Ford and BMW have to worry about making money, Ferrai doesn't cause it's clients give the money to them.

On the other hand, I hate Ferrari's rich elitist attitiude and the fact you cannot buy some Ferraris without having a whole collection of them. Don't get me wrong, the Enzo is great, but you can just walk in and buy a Mclaren, ZZ2 or Ultima GTR and roast it.

Comment

Working...
            X