Ride w/ Funk Master Flex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride w/ Funk Master Flex

Aye, you know drifting has hit its high point when Funk Master Flex has it on his show. "BE CLEAR, DRIFTING IS ADDICTING" Great, just great, lolz. That was probably the most annoying piece of tv I've seen. Sorry, just had to vent that. Hope he sticks to 22" chromes and Escalades. Just don't understand how he's the world famous Dj and all he does is repeat the same part of the song 6 FRIGGIN' times.

They did a segment on Drifting.....

What was so annoying about it?

Comment

Originally posted by DriftGirl
      They did a segment on Drifting.....

What was so annoying about it?
      Funk Master Flex.... lolz

If it wasnt him, it woulda been fine.

Comment

Yeah FMF is about as ghetto as it gets when it comes to cars. I can't stand all these people that think spending 50 grand on your sound system and rims and leaving the rest of the car stock is cool. But if you think FMF is bad, he doesn't even hold a candle to Pimp my Ride. Heck they install esspresso machines and photo booths in cars, ghetto rims and don't do a frickin thing to the motor. These guys are so stupid they can't even find rims for a 67 Mustang. Not being able to find parts that fit on a 9" Ford is like not being able to find a Wal-Mart--you have to be a complete *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* not to be able to do it.

But hey at least FMF they respected drifting, and like the musclecars. Xplay did a segment on drifting that was about 5 minutes long and for 4 1/2 of them they made fun of the word drifting. They showed about 2 cars doing donuts.

And don't even get me started on those domestic hating producers and tech advisors from Fast and the Furious..............

Comment

Hey at least FMF was enthusiastic and open minded about drifting. He does do ghetto stuff on like Escelades and other SUV's but he also does some classy muscle car stuff, Which i personally like a lot. But hey, at least drifting got more recognition on tv. Isn't that what everyone is always bitching about not happening.

Funk Master Flex.... lolz

If it wasnt him, it woulda been fine.

so you think the segment was fine, but just because it had a rapper/dj it was the most annoying thing in the world?? WTF just learn to be happy with the media coverage we do get.

- Peace

Comment

FMF is into the cars he is into, whatever. Ive seen a show about his collection and he does have nice muscle cars. and yes he does have trick suvs, hes a rapper/dj they all have those. pimp my ride is funny because they fix up cars that belong to people who dont take care of them. When you bring a car to a custom shop they souldnt find a whole bag of trash all over the car. most of the cars on that show will go right back to looking like crap a month after the people get them back. thats what makes me sad.

and on a side note; a lowerd escalade on 24' spinners drifting would be so funny I would die.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsunami
              Yeah FMF is about as ghetto as it gets when it comes to cars. I can't stand all these people that think spending 50 grand on your sound system and rims and leaving the rest of the car stock is cool. ..............
              Makes about as much sense as spending 3k on suspension on a car that cost only 1k , then adding another 3k for an engine swap, then gut the interior and leave the car in primer?

Ghetto?

Comment

looks like another rocker hates rapper thread on the topic of drifting

Comment

Whoa, lolz. Im not some punk rocker kid if you think thats who your talking to. Im asian, and I love hip hop as much as I do every other type of music. Thats got nothing to do with it. I just don't like Funk Master Flex. I don't know if you've ever heard him DJ on the radio, but the guy just plain sucks *Censored**Censored**Censored*. Yeah, he's got some nice cars on his show, but its all about bling, and theres nothing wrong with that. If thats what your into, then thats fine. I just don't like the way the guy talks, he was talking about drifting like it was some hot new album coming out. He's just an annoying guy to listen to. The only thing worth watching was Nadine and her 180. And I remember him having showing a butched up Hachi-Roku with this kid making fun of the blinged out cars. It was guttered up with glowsticks in the tailamps and a lawn chair as a seat. His chrome was aluminum foil and he spray painted it some nasty yellow. It was funny, but I think the 86 lovers woulda kicked in the tv if they saw that.

I love how people got uptight just cause I don't like a certain DJ and happens to be talking about drifting. So, now I'm against every DJ/rapper out there and Im a hater of Hip Hop. Some of you guys need to get your head out of *Censored**Censored**Censored*. If that were the case, then a guy who hates the way a 240/180SX looks, now hates every type of japanese import car and is a hater of drifting and hes just some mullet head guy who fingles with his camaro all day and goes to the drag strip on saturdays and watches nothing but NASCAR.

"WTF just learn to be happy with the media coverage we do get."

Ok, so you won't have a problem if Fast and Furious 3 comes out with a lot of drifting in it. Then, we'll have people trying to drift out of parking lots, getting police attention, then having some more media coverage on the "dangers of drifting" on some FOX channel, and having some punk kids trying to show off and end up killing somebody. I guess I can be happy with that.

Comment

dear Flex, stick to 24" spinners and re doing the vinyl in rap/hiphop/r&B (or whatever the hell they call that crap) artists cars. please stay away from imports of any sort, especially light weight rwd imports that nobody knew about until media coverage.
                    Last edited by LexmarkX73; 07-29-2004, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LexmarkX73
                      dear Flex, stick to 24" spinners and re doing the vinyl in rap/hiphop/r&B (or whatever the hell they call that crap) artists cars. please stay away from imports of any sort, especially light weight rwd imports that nobody knew about until media coverage.
                      Crap? Dude you have a lot of nerve telling someone what to talk about, Like or dis-like. Who made you 'Drifting Spokesperson'?

Thats pretty ignorant. Would be like him telling you not to talk about 'music'.... Im sure he knows a lot more about it than you do, But it wouldnt give him the right to make an ignorant *Censored**Censored**Censored* comment like that.

Check yourself.

Comment

No I don't like rap and I never will. I can understand putting nice rims and a nice stereo on you're ride but spending 100k dollars on a vehicle and the dang thing performs worse than when it came from the factory?

You know why I don't like hip hop, I'll tell you.
                        1. These guys treat women like crap, calling them beotches and ho's, and everybody's supposed to accept it. I dunno where you guys grew up but where I come from you're supposed to respect women.
                        2. The language. All you here about in rap vids is how much sex these guys have, how much they drink and do drugs and how nobody can stop 'em. Not to mention how they brag about shooting people. This pretty much goes against everything I believe in.
                        3. I can't frickin stand all these dang white kids that think you have to be cool. Do they think all those black guys think they're cool just because they talk like 'em? Don't try to be somebody you're not.

I'm not some redneck that has nothing better to do than listen to metallica and drink beer all day, nor do I have anything against black people, he11 I've had black friends before, it's just that I can't stand all this hip hop being shoved down my throat 24/7.
                        I just don't like rap that's all, and if that makes me a "hater" then I could care less.

And just fyi I listen to techno.

Comment

Nobody cares what kinda music you like or dislike. You cant group all of musicians in the same boat. Thats just as dumb as me callin people that listen to techo 'E-Tards'

and then says the magic words "I have Black friends" LoL!! Youve got issues dude

Some black guy take your girlfriend or sumthin?

Comment

Originally posted by DriftGirl
                            Crap? Dude you have a lot of nerve telling someone what to talk about, Like or dis-like. Who made you 'Drifting Spokesperson'?

Thats pretty ignorant. Would be like him telling you not to talk about 'music'.... Im sure he knows a lot more about it than you do, But it wouldnt give him the right to make an ignorant *Censored**Censored**Censored* comment like that.

Check yourself.
                            wow such hatin'. Im sure he knows a lot about music and i congradulate him for that. but that seems what he's good at. if you have ever watched his show the car stuff is pretty sloppy (i guess i dont see that the show is not supposed to be about anything "functional", the show is all about 20"+ spinners and "pearl white" vinyl for the interior of old cutlases') and they even got quite a hoot out of ricing out an AE86. I guess i just over expressed my hate for "makin' a pimp ride" and tasteless music. But then again, the majority of people would rather conform and drive an outlandishly styled vehicle while blaring mad beats. whatever i guess.

why the hell do i watch the show???

edit perhaps i shouldent have generalized all the music as "crap" i guess because the only "rap" i hear is that ghetto stuff on the radio. do any non-mainstream artists exist? i assume so and i would bet theyre music is a lot better. then "fity cent"
                            Last edited by LexmarkX73; 07-29-2004, 09:48 PM.

Comment

:ff topic::

pick a tribe called quest record, and a krs one record if your serious.

Comment

Working...
                              X