Coilover Wrenches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coilover Wrenches?

Ok, so I'm new to this coilover world. My Buddy Club coilovers did not come with wrenches. Where can I find these wrenches?

Also, what model are these Coilovers? They say "Buddy Club" on the bottom, and have a red anodized threaded body. They did not come with pillow ball mounts and are not damping adjustable.

Last question: Are there any places that rebuild Buddy Club coilovers?

called spanner wrenches. You can get them from summit, made by moroso or local tuning shops.

have you checked buddy clubs site?

yeah, but probably japan to have them rebuilt by buddy club.

Comment

$15.95 each at Summit. Do I need two or will one suffice?

Yes, and I've also looked all over teh intarweb. I figured somebody else has to have them.

That won't do. SPL coilovers, here I come.

Comment

you'll want two, to make the job faster.

http://www.inlinefour.com/apn1susspanw.html

that's apex's; so not only does it get the job done but it's JDM tyte. .......

Comment

Originally posted by 180fan
          called spanner wrenches
          All open-ended wrenches are called "spanners" in Aus. and the UK...

-MR

Comment

The guy (Danny) came by and we did a tranny swap today. He just forgot to give me the wrenches, so I got 'em. The tranny shifts perfectly now, and the shift feel is very positive. Now all I have to do is replace a sheared lug stud and I'm ready to drive the tires off this car...

Note to those of you replacing your transmission: it's not difficult to take out, but it is a major pain to put back in. Make sure to take your time and don't miss anything. Get one of your buff friends to help. (Thanks, Danny!)

Oh, and the coilovers are apparently a JDM affair, sold in the late 90s and it's very possible I'm the only guy in the US with them. (SWEET!)
            Last edited by GRiDRaceTech; 07-19-2004, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet
              All open-ended wrenches are called "spanners" in Aus. and the UK...

-MR
              But *GASP!!* Look! he's in socal! OMG is that somewhere in AUS or UK?! No. So get over it.

Comment

MR was just pointing out the inherent redundancy in calling them "spanner wrenches." No need to get all huffy about it.

Comment

...accually, I was just being a wiseass, also called being "ironic" in former British colonies...

-MR

Comment

Re: Coilover Wrenches?

BTW -
                    Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
                    Last question: Are there any places that rebuild Buddy Club coilovers?
                    Buddy Club? Seriously.

Comment

Fook these coilovers. They are so shot. And yes, Buddy Club, seriously.

I guess I'll have to get SPL 16-way adjustable coilovers, then. Guaranteed by September 15.

Comment

mranlet, sorry if it came off the wrong way. meant for it to be a mere comment with a sprinkle of sarcasm. no offense meant.

GRiDRaceTech, the SPL's look awesome. Nismo_Freak over on NICO was flaunting them on the boards a little while back, I think there's already a review on them if you haven't had the chance to look it over.

edit:
                        link = http://www.nissaninfiniticlub.net/fo...threadid=73810
                        Last edited by ; 07-21-2004, 01:25 AM.

Comment

who makes the spls are they cusco?

Comment

Dunno, I think they're just SPL. Dunno if they roll off the same factory as cusco but I doubt it. I do know the Kazama rolls off the same line as Cusco though.

Comment

180fan- That's the review that got me interested in them. The price is VERY competitive, and to have them backed up by a shock dyno is amazing. (Not to mention their quality is excellent, evinced by the pictures and the linearity of the shock movement.) The guys from SPL say they're better than Tein HA's and I don't have a reason to not trust them, as the rest of their suspension bits are amazing.

Comment

Working...
                              X