Need Advice '95 Supra mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice '95 Supra mods

I just picked up a 1995 Supra - Hard Top - Mark IV - 3.0L - 2JZ . Can someone give me some advice on modifications. 1. I want to install a Turbo; what is a good kit and how do I do it without blowing up the motor? 2. Would dropping in a new motor altogether be better and what might I expect to pay? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

K.S.

the first thing you should do if you plan on drifting is to take as much unneeded stuff out of the car, lighten it as much as possible

Comment

^^^ Oki Drifter is right. Supra's are heavy as H*LL Trust me. First get that bad boy to be as light as possible then think about future plans.

Comment

i got a 95 also and TRD cams made a huge difference. so did the HKS intake and HKS exhaust. interms of suspension i went with TRD coilovers. those ugly wheels are no longer on the car it now has 19in volk te37's. we got the same car but steering wheel is on the opposite side heres a pic taken in Naha Japan on the east china sea side:

Comment

Ask emission.

Comment

emission runs a MkIII.

kritter- Run a Google search for "Supra forums" or something along those lines. You'll find what information you need.

Comment

A problem you might have is the transmission, from what ive hear the manuals are a pain in the A$$, but who wants a supra with an auto?! if you can try to look for a japanese altezza's transmission, i think in japan they run the same tranny, IM NOT 100% though, but www.google.com is the shiznite for wierd questions.

Comment

"1. I want to install a Turbo; what is a good kit and how do I do it without blowing up the motor?"

i thought the engine was famous for its abilties to handle almost anything

Comment

Originally posted by NismoSigma
                  A problem you might have is the transmission, from what ive hear the manuals are a pain in the A$$, but who wants a supra with an auto?! if you can try to look for a japanese altezza's transmission, i think in japan they run the same tranny, IM NOT 100% though, but www.google.com is the shiznite for wierd questions.
                  An Altezza transmission goes with a 3S-GE, you're probably thinking of the IS300 which uses a 2JZ-GE. And can you show me some proof on the transmission problems, because I heard they're indestructible...

Comment

So is that a NA auto hard top 2jz??? gte or ge big differance.

You can turbo the na but the stock auto tranny will not last long, depending on how much boost you will run. If you wanna swap a 6 speed and the 320hp 2JZGTE i hope u got that supra for free cause its expensive as hell, the labour kills the bank account.

Picking a MKIV as a your first drift car is not a great decision they are not cheep nor are the parts and service. Get some rwd car cheep like 1-3k learn to drift then move on to the supra.

www.supraforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by NextBoost
                      So is that a NA auto hard top 2jz??? gte or ge big differance.

You can turbo the na but the stock auto tranny will not last long, depending on how much boost you will run. If you wanna swap a 6 speed and the 320hp 2JZGTE i hope u got that supra for free cause its expensive as hell, the labour kills the bank account.

Picking a MKIV as a your first drift car is not a great decision they are not cheep nor are the parts and service. Get some rwd car cheep like 1-3k learn to drift then move on to the supra.

www.supraforums.com
                      Auto turbo Supras are better than the manuels (autos give off more torque and turbo lag is reduce greatly with auto). You can drift an auto, although you can't control it as well as a manuel can. Like hell he got it for free. That labor doesn't really kill the bank account. Too bad he has the MKIV already. I think we all know Supras are expensive...There is no law saying that you need to drift crap before you can drift chocolate, just the opinion of others...

Comment

Sweet supra

Hey send me some pics if your supra. Obviously you haven't drifted yet, but soon time will tell.

To drift is to live, To live is to drift.
                        Drift on my friends, Lifes to short to
                        stay at home and watch TV. Would you rather
                        thrash your car or be a boring NOTHING.

Comment

Working...
                        X