Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My project - Just finished! what do you think

here are the specs.

Engine: CA18det with stock ECU, running a Rb20 M spec roller turbo on a stock CA manifold with an A Spec flange adaptor, RB20 Engine mounts on AE86 cross member, A Spec Gearbox mount with urathane Bush. Custom tailshaft, Uras Short shifter. Intercooling is taken care of by a Hybrid Apexi core with custom pipes, Radiator is a ST185 Celica item. S13 gearbox with Nismo 6 plate clutch.

Suspension: S13 Tein HE Winding Master Drift Spec fully adjustable body with height, preload and damper offering adjustability. AE86 HKS Camber tops, RA40 celica Tie Rods, KE70 Steeringrack, SR20 Brakes, Trust Rotors with Trust pads. Braided brake linea with R32 master cyln.

so.. whats it go like? The responce of the Rb roller is simply amazing, there is NO lag whatsoever!, I like to think of it as a high horse power 4age, it revs its tits off, is super responsive, and sounds good doing it

I know this is going to piss some toyota people off, but i did this cause the whole thing worked out fairly cheap. parts were around 2K for the motor package and the susp all up. So im fairly happy with the results.

Handling? is pretty good so far, been out tonight getting a feel for the car since i havent driven it much and i have a drift day tomorrow. It is very direct, turn in is incredible, Brakes are also unfadeable for an AE86, I'll give a further report of how it goes tomorrow. But from tonights little hills strap... 3rd and 4th gear drifts are all too easy

Last edited by Simon-AE86; 07-20-2004, 08:06 PM.

DAMN! thats wild man! what benefits are gained by using a ke70 steering rack and ra40 celica tie rods?

Comment

well my ae86 rack was shagged, and the KE70 rack has slightly less turns lock to lock then the 86 one, so i used it!

used the ra40 tie rods because you need longer tie rods due to the extra track offered by the s13 arms

Comment

nice, haha i wanna see how your car revs since *it revs itz tits off*

Comment

Truely badass...The beauty of Nissan .So how much power do you think your making to the wheels?

Comment

the motor would rev to 8000 all day every day, thats the beauty of the CA

as for power.. hard to say, wouldnt be huge since im only running 0.6-0.7 bar boost, but the responce from the turbo is amazing!

Comment

Hotdamn thats real nice. Im from texas so dont mind my stupid question, but what are the specs on that turbo and so on?

Its looking real nice though.
              Last edited by GoofyCA18DET; 07-18-2004, 09:46 PM.

Comment

That is one nice ae86 who ever is runnin which you betterstay focused through all of your tire smoke!

Comment

hah nice swap

Comment

looks like a realy clean swap!

think you could post up some vids??

OH YEAH.. where and how much did you get your tiens for? im currently looking for a set.

Comment

dam dude thats some frankenstien %^@~ right there

nice man nice

Comment

im in australia, i paid 600 AUD for my Tein HE's, that was with the brakesm trust parts and all the hub and control arms.

Comment

AWWW SO CUTE!

YUR CAR IS SO CUTE!

Comment

gotta giv u props on dat i would hav never thought of that haha

Comment

Were would be a good site, i want to learn on how to make a swap like that, i instead want to fit an SR20det into the ae86, what would i have to do? I just need a site, or anything, srry for posting this but im desperate!

Comment

Working...
                              X