New car time...but what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car time...but what?

Welp, im new to the forums but not new to drifting. Ive been driftin around wit my 94 accord but that got totalled from stupid drivers on the road, so its time to upgrade.

Im lookin for something a little easier to drift in, something RWD and standard.

Im in northern new jersey and i was lookin for an older carolla but i couldn't find any decent ones around, so now im just looking for basically anything rwd....

anyone have any ideas on what to look for? any recomendations?

240sx....defenetly......slide good.....quite good-to-learn-to car if you take my advice try to stick with a 91-93 year beace they come with a DOHC motor (ka24de) which is better than the SOHC motor that the 89-90 model comes with.....and the seats in the stock 240sx wont let you fall out while driving.....

Comment

really any rear wheel drive car should work for your purposes. have a look at the thread regarding the best drift cars, it seems everyone has posted their opinions on the matter there.

just a few things to keep in mind on your hunt though... make sure it has reasonably good weight distribution, and a bit of power. and preferably a manual too ^_^

edit: here's the thread in case you're lazy *boink*

Comment

im really starting to feel for the 240SXs, but im stuck in a problem.

I cant have a car my whole frosh year in college so i dont see a point in buying a new one now and wasting my money on a car that is just sitting in a driveway. (im stayin at college)

But what is something i can do until then? simply save money and make a list of things i need to buy?

what is something i can do with the 240 for speed?
        and as for suspension, any recomendations?

Comment

Suspension - Silkroads, no question
          Speed - weight reduction (look for my guide coming soon)

You can pick up a 240 for super cheap and it will last you until you blow it up. Look around on the message boards for someone else's project car. For what you can sell your accord for, you can probably get a S13 with coilovers and a LSD and have enough money left over for beer (becuse that does become important at college).

-MR

Comment

Working...
          X