PDA

View Full Version : Drifting in Japan

Young Drifter
11-29-2003, 07:27 PM
Hey i was just watching a vid of cars drifting on the streets of Japan. The guy said that this is a really commen thing. Is this true? Are there Drift teams?

panda_3ight_6
11-29-2003, 08:03 PM
I read somewhere that the Yakuza really hates drifting, so they go out and beat the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* outta people..??? is that true...

Young Drifter
11-29-2003, 08:09 PM
I heard that too!! My neighbor, Steven is from Japan, and he said that the drifters get the crap beat out of them by all the Yakuza and Bikers for drifting on the streets. Is this true?!

QuickStyle
11-29-2003, 09:16 PM
all the yakuza guys that i know are not bad guys at all. one of the best drifters i know is yakuza... i've never heard of anyone getting beat up for drifting. and of course there are drift teams in japan...

D1 DRIFTER
11-29-2003, 09:16 PM
if thats true then they should higher bodyguards.... LoL!!

driftxtreem
11-29-2003, 10:52 PM
The yakusa is very intimidating in fact a foriener that was a school teacher was killed by the yakuza for what ever reason. Myself I have to work with them on a daily basis not so much as real yakuza sh't but keep them informend when the po po is looking for stollin cars and what not. Their normal people and show me grate respect. Of all the people in the surrounding towns I am the only person that has hit the boss and lived to tell about it. Actully it was for the bodygaurd position they wanted me to fill. Some times when the chimpiras get out of hand and dont know who I am I get to bust there heads to. This is why I geuss I get the respect. Any ways when the lowriding got big over here and the lowrider teams started poping up the Yakuza wanted 50 bucks a month from each team member to continue or they would trash there cars hence there are not to many teams left. This probobly would apply to the drifters to but you really dont here about it as much anymore. yes they still drift nightly and there are teams of girls and guys and there are some outstandig drifters that never get any recognition. You do know Sunpros and Option are the same and they pick who they want and how they promote each individual. This is the same with the D1. In quiet circles the feeling is that before an event the winner is already picked and you have a 50/50 chance to susceed. This is that if the one that is picked wreckes out you have a 50% chance to win.

driftxtreem
11-29-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by D1 DRIFTER
if thats true then they should higher bodyguards.... LoL!!
Were are you going to get a bodgaurd the Yakuza?

Chas
11-30-2003, 01:38 AM
Drifting is huge in Japan. I hear its very big in Osaka

z33Drifter
11-30-2003, 09:57 AM
yea its big but never head a yakuza beat up people what is a yakuza lol?

Feint
11-30-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by z33Drifter
yea its big but never head a yakuza beat up people what is a yakuza lol?

Simply put,Japanese mafia.They have lots of power in Japan and are world wide.

Sky_kiD
11-30-2003, 03:31 PM
I saw a poster for employment in the yakuza, thats *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ed up right there, dont feel like losing finger tips myself though

CRASHDRIVE
11-30-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by driftxtreem
The yakusa is very intimidating in fact a foriener that was a school teacher was killed by the yakuza for what ever reason. Myself I have to work with them on a daily basis not so much as real yakuza sh't but keep them informend when the po po is looking for stollin cars and what not. Their normal people and show me grate respect. Of all the people in the surrounding towns I am the only person that has hit the boss and lived to tell about it. Actully it was for the bodygaurd position they wanted me to fill. Some times when the chimpiras get out of hand and dont know who I am I get to bust there heads to. This is why I geuss I get the respect. Any ways when the lowriding got big over here and the lowrider teams started poping up the Yakuza wanted 50 bucks a month from each team member to continue or they would trash there cars hence there are not to many teams left. This probobly would apply to the drifters to but you really dont here about it as much anymore. yes they still drift nightly and there are teams of girls and guys and there are some outstandig drifters that never get any recognition. You do know Sunpros and Option are the same and they pick who they want and how they promote each individual. This is the same with the D1. In quiet circles the feeling is that before an event the winner is already picked and you have a 50/50 chance to susceed. This is that if the one that is picked wreckes out you have a 50% chance to win.

Dude!. are you serious?
The D1 in Japan is Rigged? They already know who they want to win?

Thats not right :D
I hope its not like that here... Im planning to compete in the amature D1 competition. :D

Feint
11-30-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Sky_kiD
I saw a poster for employment in the yakuza, thats *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ed up right there, dont feel like losing finger tips myself though

Do something real bad and you'll lose your whole finger.

driftxtreem
11-30-2003, 06:15 PM
They dont take your finger as much these days there all broke (economy) but they take your money. Yea some still want your finger if you screw up.

driftxtreem
11-30-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by CRASHDRIVE
Dude!. are you serious?
The D1 in Japan is Rigged? They already know who they want to win?

Thats not right :D
I hope its not like that here... Im planning to compete in the amature D1 competition. :D
Im not saying its riged but in some circles this is what shall we say goin around the campfire

Matto
11-30-2003, 08:37 PM
yakuza guys are respectful and very nice if you dont act retarted...

chimpiras on the other hand...

driftxtreem
12-01-2003, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Matto
yakuza guys are respectful and very nice if you dont act retarted...

chimpiras on the other hand...
yea and there only tough wen theres ten of them you get two or three and they like to suck your you no what to get away:o

CrazyHawaiian
12-01-2003, 01:50 AM
Well I've never been to Japan so I cant say I know how the scene is over there, but here is what I've heard from friends that live there. Drifting on the streets is very big. When the police show up they will make everyone leave, but nobody gets arrested, and usually everyone is back at the same spot drifting within an hour. They either find an industrial area with no normal traffic (only trucks), or they go up on the mountain and battle. Unlike the US, drifting on the streets has been accepted. If someone else driving saw another car drifting, they wouldn't freak out, but they get out of the way. You have to understand that even owning a car in Japan is a big deal. You have to prove you have a parking space before you can buy, its very expensive to own a car, and gas is very expensive, etc. Not everyone has a car so when you do have one you respect the fact that you have one instead of taking it for granted like people in the USA. Unlike the US, there is a very high chance that the people drifting on the streets have common sense and skill and respect other drivers and people.

The other really cool thing is there are alot of tracks in Japan, and alot of them are good for drifting. Not like US tracks where you get kicked off or people yell at you. They even have tracks that look like mountain roads, but are completely private and made for racing. Wish we had that in the US!!!

markeese180sx
12-01-2003, 04:41 AM
that is true...u have to own a house to have a parking spot..u have to have an official parking spot to own a car...hence why lots of people ride bikes or own tiny box cars that dont waste much gas...houses are small..if i lived in one id bash my head into the doorway everyday..buts it a nice place ya know? all the japanese people are friendly..the road tax, insurance, etc is also pricey..ranging up to a price of a used car such as an s13 or 180...if someone could give me names and areas of where the tracks are..perferbably around the yokohoma/zama area...

180onthebricks.
12-01-2003, 07:32 AM
really!? dayum (thanks the car gods) pay more but drift more or drift less and pay less? (shakespeare * fo yo *Censored**Censored**Censored**)

driftaholic
12-01-2003, 12:25 PM
ok... just for the record...Yakuza... they are not bad people...just dont be an asshole to any of tehm...you wont have problems.. they are very respectable, and friendly to you when you get to know them... When i was in Jaapan for 7 months we used to go out drinking with them at the bars in the area... once you get to know a little about them you will realize that they pretty much have a grip on EVERY bar around...they all pay Yakuza a protection fee, and in return... nobody *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*s with the bar...when i first met a Yak he was at this club in Yokohama, and he was drinkin right next to me in the booth...i ordered him a shot of Cuervo and a glass of rum and coke... he returned the favor in full and we drank together that night and met up a couple times after that...just keep your manners around them, because there are alot of horror stories goin around, but they are all true and the person probably deserved what they had coming to them.

prodigy
12-01-2003, 02:34 PM
Wow, it sounds like we need Yakuza in America. To take care of all the stupid people we have here. Yakuza for ricers or something. Who wants to join me?

Feint
12-01-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by prodigy
Wow, it sounds like we need Yakuza in America. To take care of all the stupid people we have here. Yakuza for ricers or something. Who wants to join me?

There their,you just don't know about them.There everywhere,and are the longest running mafia in history.To be honest,these guys started it all,they were the originals,the robin hoods,the first and the last.Even though they've done some bad things,they were there for the poor and helped relieve people from disasters even before the government done anything.If you know what Yakuza means,then that would make more sense to you.

Young Drifter
12-01-2003, 06:34 PM
While we're on the topic of Yakuza, I have about 20 at my school. No joke, these are real Yakuza. Most of them wear trench coats(black) and black clothes. Unfortunately, they aren't how you said...at least where i live. They are mean, and sort of act like punks :( . I wish some other Yakuza would come and show them some respect or something, but the ones at my school just hate everyone but them....And P.S. I live in Tucson, Arizona.....hard to believe that Yakuza would live here eh?

driftxtreem
12-01-2003, 06:41 PM
do they call themselves the trenchcoat mafia? Dude there are no yakuza kids in your school. You wouldnt know it if there were their just punks in your way. Ask them this and you have to say it corectly.

"who is your ooyabun" and its pronounced oh ya boon this will tell the tale.

oh man I laughing so hard not at you though. One I dont think they are Yakuza because there to stupid to go to school. Two who would make them go if they are Yakuza and three what the hell would the Yakuza be doing in Arizona buying illegals that they cant ship to Japan.

Young Drifter
12-01-2003, 06:46 PM
Man, I know they are Yakuza, no trecnhcoat mafia. These kids moved here from Japan, all of them...New this year. And idk who their leader guy is, but I have seen them in action. They had like their older brother or something(he was around 25) come and make some guy appologize for "looking at them wrong". He took the kids hand, and bent it backwords, then kicked out his knee.....The kid broke his knee cap and was in the hospitol because of surgery. I also have one in my class, his name is Sauki. I've asked him if he was a Yakuza, and he answered with a plain and simple "Yes, I am". So...

panda_3ight_6
12-01-2003, 06:54 PM
Yakuza ist like a street gang, they are serious mafiaiso... i have kids like that at my school, there called mod... but they're just a weak gang...

Chas
12-01-2003, 06:54 PM
Porbably posers.

driftxtreem
12-01-2003, 06:55 PM
well that sound like the yakuza they usally get their 25 year old brother to kick but over here to are you sure there not korean or from laos or some third world piss off size country. you know they all look the same to you. It took me three years to be able to tell just by looks to know were their from.

if I wanted to intimidate someone like that I think I would say I was yakuza to But dont let my 入墨 fool ya

Young Drifter
12-01-2003, 06:59 PM
Yea I'm sure. Because when he came to our class. My teacher was like "Hey kids, this is Sauki, a foreign student from Japan. He and his family moved here. Allot of other Japanese students have moved here too. So give them a Catalina Foothills Highschool warm welcome if you see them on campus!"

driftxtreem
12-01-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Young Drifter
Yea I'm sure. Because when he came to our class. My teacher was like "Hey kids, this is Sauki, a foreign student from Japan. He and his family moved here. Allot of other Japanese students have moved here too. So give them a Catalina Foothills Highschool warm welcome if you see them on campus!" and they speek english to thats great my dauter is 6 been speeking english to her every day of her life she can barly tell you her name in english my wife of eleven years graduated collage I speek english to her every day to theres no way in hell she would make it in a public high school. get control of your self there just posers lookin to intimidate they probobly got there arsses kicked everyday here and there pops is some poor old company yes man that didnt even want to go

markeese180sx
12-01-2003, 11:24 PM
i wish i was homies with the yakuza...who are the people u drive black vans and are anti american in japan? i see them in the hon-atsugi and ebina area

driftxtreem
12-01-2003, 11:48 PM
dont fuk with them fool there totaly crazy muthers. There called the ueoko or somthing like that there the japanes PLO Talaban crazys. These fools extort and fuk with ya good. I have a friend that owns a constuction buisness they wanted 30k or they would protest outside his office until he paid. Man them A holes were ther 24/7 for like two weeks when it finaly dawned on them they wernt gettin sh't they packed a moved on But dude all day and all night just bla bla bla on there laud speekers. Oh yea there yakuza to.

flarex.DRIFTER
12-01-2003, 11:53 PM
daym!

Chas
12-02-2003, 12:07 AM
So when he didnt pay, why didnt they just cut his finger off?

driftaholic
12-02-2003, 01:10 AM
kids at your school are prob fake *Censored**Censored**Censored* Bosozoku *Censored**Censored**Censored*s...lol bos can be cool i used to drink with a couple of them as well, but they are just like a big street gand...yaks...dont look at them the wrong way...not too happy when provoked..

driftxtreem
12-02-2003, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Chas
So when he didnt pay, why didnt they just cut his finger off?
did I forget to say he belongs to the yamaguchi gumi the rival and the biggest yakuza gang here. These fool dont play nice in the sand box eather. You ever hear of the chopstick up the nose thing they got it down pat.

markeese180sx
12-02-2003, 03:31 AM
oh thank god i see ueokos or whatever all the time....makes me feel safe...would thye just jump me without reason? oh yeah driftxtreem...where are u in japan? u close to the kanagawa-ken prefecture?

Feint
12-02-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by driftxtreem
the ueoko or somthing like that there the japanes PLO Talaban crazys.

So they are the guys that were chasing racers off the street.I know there is a gang in Japan that is centered around old traditions and was attacking people racing on some streets.