300zx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300zx

hello all. when i saw 300ZX you all might think, 3 litre twin turbo, 1990-...well i am sad to say when i say 300ZX, i mean 80's style haha. i was just wondering if anyone knew how these bad boys (84-89...not sure if my years are correct) drift/handle. primarily the N/A ones, cuz a turbo up here is sacrelige, i have only seen one, and that was in a VW . the reason i ask is cuz i found 2 of em in gravy condition at a good deal. thanx for the info, peace...jooser

I heard they were great going sideways...

Comment

Originally posted by Thai Juku
      I heard they were great going sideways...
      Ehh, never heard anything good about them drifitng. Poor weight distribution, I've never seen one drifting at the track either.

Comment

The old 300z's are good all around sports cars, i belive the later 80's had electronic dash, that was awesome cause my uncle had 1 and it was so freakin fast. I do remeber him drifting it and doing dohnuts but i havnt seen it done recently.

Comment

"well i am sad to say when i say 300ZX, i mean 80's style"

i think those things look cool. my grandfather is going to start looking for a mint one because he lives in TX. he had some awsome cars. that i know of he had a 280ZX (wrecked it) first gen. celica (sold it) and a piaggio moped (probably sold it.)

Comment

that i know of he had a 280ZX (wrecked it
            he wrecked a 280....THAT BASTARD...haha jk. with all these mixed emotions here i think i might just saw f it and go buy em haha. thanx for the insight..more is welcome
            peace
            joose

Comment

one thing you have to be sure to do is RESEARCH THE CAR. i am not just telling you because we made the mistake of not looking into my brother's car first. he was like i want it and the deal was sealed. looking back it has many problems. if we had looked into it we would have avoided a big pain in the *Censored**Censored**Censored* but now it is 100% fixed.

Comment

The older 300zx turbos came with an LSD stock, so you'll be in buisiness. However, the '88 white turbo 300zx SE had an oddball viscous-drive limited slip. Just be aware.

Comment

Yea, I heard weird weight distribution too. Also remember, it ain't always abot weight distribution, some cars just slide beter than others and the 300's don't. But, don't let that discourage you. Go get em if they are the right price. See, get them, clean em up a little, and then either resell them or trade them for what you want. See, trading is the best way to get something. You can get alot more trading than you can buying. I learned that from being poor growing up. Also people are alot more willing to trade 2 cars for 1 car. They become worth more.

Comment

yeah about trading we bought my brother's car thinking it would be fine but then he realized that car has many problems. we fixed each one actually just today we noticed a small hole in his spark plug wires that made the car act like it was dying. if you dont like the 300ZX remember that someone else does and you can use that to your advantage.

Comment

i actually do like these cars, i like how "angular" they are, remind me of an FC. i beleive they are both N/A so looks like i'd be lookin for a wrecked turbo rear end heh. neither of them are white so i dont gotta worry about the oddball viscous LSD. those things are wierd, spinning your tires with snot (?)

Comment

yeah i am going to start looking for all of those old sports cars like celicas, supras, celica supras, MR2s, essentially every datsun, maybe the 200SX.

Comment

Working...
                        X