sr20det upgrades!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sr20det upgrades!

well i got a redtop sr20det and i was wondering what are the 1st upgrades i should do? and do i need the head gasket repalced right away? i will be drifting so it's most likely i will thanx 4 ur time and help

KEEP IT SIDEWAYZ!

um if you want you can upgrade the pistons cams rods etc strengthen up the bottom and top end while your adding new head gaskets just depends on how much money you have and if your gonna upgrade to a bigger turbo.

Comment

ok

ok i got like $1500 at the moment to put in it... so now what u suggest

Comment

you can get some toda stuff for like 300 for the pistons and stuff

Comment

how many REAL miles are on it do you know. Our team orange cars use junkyard engines they are red, black, blue tops. we have better turbos with stainles exaust manifolds a reprogrammed ECU and bigger injecters. This puts 320 to the wheels with no internal mods. That engine should have 280 out of the box. Yea a head gasket is always good on a turbo engine it takes a lot of stress from the boost. Look at the engine overall, What is the compresion, is the internals corroded with burnt oil and sludge, do you feel that from this simple check that there is still life in it this will answer your question.

Comment

Originally posted by driftxtreem
            how many REAL miles are on it do you know. Our team orange cars use junkyard engines they are red, black, blue tops. we have better turbos with stainles exaust manifolds a reprogrammed ECU and bigger injecters. This puts 320 to the wheels with no internal mods. That engine should have 280 out of the box. Yea a head gasket is always good on a turbo engine it takes a lot of stress from the boost. Look at the engine overall, What is the compresion, is the internals corroded with burnt oil and sludge, do you feel that from this simple check that there is still life in it this will answer your question.
            280 out of the box?.... red top? no.

Comment

Re: sr20det upgrades!

Originally posted by D1 DRIFTER
              well i got a redtop sr20det and i was wondering what are the 1st upgrades i should do? and do i need the head gasket repalced right away? i will be drifting so it's most likely i will thanx 4 ur time and help

KEEP IT SIDEWAYZ!
              just get a boost control, downpipe, exhaust, and an intake. you will be happy.

Comment

heres just an example of the power that the sr20det is capable of.

http://www.phoenixs.co.jp/bigsite/ra...2000t_2wd.html

Comment

what delete my post?

604ps = 596 hp i think. Ive seen some sr's over 1000, and theres a guy in the D1 with 725hp.

Awsome motor. id buy a headgasket, exhaust and downpipe, and a boost controller. Your set for now.

Comment

Originally posted by QuickStyle
                    280 out of the box?.... red top? no.
                    well 260hp and the sr20de had a version with 200hp

Comment

hey driftxtreem

hey what is ur bosst setting on ur cars and what are ur mods 2 them?

Comment

hey driftxtreem

hey what is ur boost setting on ur cars and what are ur mods 2 them?

Comment

Re: hey driftxtreem

Originally posted by D1 DRIFTER
                          hey what is ur boost setting on ur cars and what are ur mods 2 them?
                          That would be like asking colonel sanders whats in the 11 herbs and spices but no im kidding which one do you want to know about the ones that we drive in the states or the D1 cars here. Kumakubos S15 will cost you 100k But it aint your every day S15 the engine allone is 15k the sequential Hollanger cost the same and all the rest more than a FD. Just for your amusement Option borrowed the car for a photo shoot They blew the engine and didnt say sh't when thy brought it back just to repair it was 10k. Yea we love Option

Comment

ok

i mean just on ur engiens both i don't care like ur truck and the other s13 whats ur psi? thanx

Comment

Re: Re: hey driftxtreem

Originally posted by driftxtreem
                              That would be like asking colonel sanders whats in the 11 herbs and spices
                              ll tell you this if you tell me what your setup is.

Comment

Working...
                              X