No announcement yet.

HEEL TOE/Double Clutching Tech. hELP !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEEL TOE/Double Clutching Tech. hELP !!

sorry to bother you guys, but i am 15 this year and will get my licence in about 7 months. I am already excited about driving and excited about later gettin my own manual transmission car and will prob ably start tryin to drifting in a parking lot probably :S but is it illegal to drift in parking lot in vancouver BC? lol

welp, i need help in the heel toe technique, when u come to a corner, and push in the brake and clutch in, shift neutral. Then clutch out and brake and blip to match the rev.

PROBLEM: why do you need to match rev for downshifting? is it to match the second gear rev to third? Because i've read some h/t tutor and it said match rev/ engine speed and downshift? wudnt that cause to go to over the red line of hte tachometer?

Been trying to figure this out for HELLa long time and headache. lol, sorry for being a dumbass.

http://drifting.com/forums/showthrea...&threadid=5533

Try rocking this...

And yes, driving a car without a liscense is illegal, and drifting in other people's parking lots is illegal. Doing both at the same time is retarded, even if someone else is in the car with you student driver style. If that's the case, it's on their liscense, so if they agreed to let you do that they're a mental cripple.
    Last edited by Parry; 07-21-2004, 08:29 PM.

Comment

ive read technique help on thsi forum and i still dun get it x_X

alright, first of all why do you need to rev match ur engine speed then downshift?

Comment

Have you ever driven a car?

Perhaps you'll get it when you try it.

Shouldn't this be in new to drifting?

Comment

when slowing down and downshifting, u rev match the engine and transmission so that the transmission doesnt get a big jolt when u let go of the clutch after downshifting, causing the rear wheels to loose traction.

and when your downshifting, u wouldnt go past redline, because your downshifting when your slowing down, so the revs will be low enough that when u downshift, the revs wont redline.

thats my interpretation anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Parry
            http://drifting.com/forums/showthrea...&threadid=5533

Try rocking this...

And yes, driving a car without a liscense is illegal, and drifting in other people's parking lots is illegal. Doing both at the same time is retarded, even if someone else is in the car with you student driver style. If that's the case, it's on their liscense, so if they agreed to let you do that they're a mental cripple.
            gosh, the link is awesome! i learned alot from there. everyone should spend some time reading it

Comment

Originally posted by chuaboi36
              gosh, the link is awesome! i learned alot from there. everyone should spend some time reading it
              It's extensive and informative. Which is why when he said he still didn't get it I gave up.

Comment

drift

alright, so if u drift in a corner, do you run in a straighway, then brake (so that ur skidding) , h/t tech turn in and turn wheel so its facing hte way the way hte car is moving?

lol how mnay secs will the engine blow in after the meter in the tach'" is past the red line?

Comment

lol move this thread to "hte" new section

read pretty much every thread in the new section too, it will help.

Comment

um...i think youde wanna turn into the corner before u started skidding or else youde have a lot of understeer....i think thats how it works anyways.

and either way, i think most of the stuff your asking about has been talked about and explained in other threads. im sure if u search hard enough u can find everything u need/want to know.

Comment

soblade you should go buy Drift Bible on this site. It's only $16.99 I believe. Or you could go hook up your PS2 and start playing Gran Turismo 3 again or start if you haven't already. If you can drift in that game you can get an idea on how to drift. Only thing is you still won't understand the heel and toe.

Comment

i'll give this a meager attempt. (i'm only explaining what your feet do here)
                        when approaching the corner press on the brakes with right foot, don't lock up the tires, just brake HARD. now press in the clutch (to disengage it) wth your LEFT foot, when you press it in, blip (tap quickly to raise rpms)the throttle with your right HEEL while still pressing the brake. the objective of hitting the throttle here is to "rev match (ie, you are trying to rev the engine to the speed that it would be in the lower gear) so that when you let off of the clutch the rpms don't move and you're already in gear very smoothly.

example of rev matching:
                        lets say you're driving a newer mustang GT. you have stock gears in the transmission and a stock rear end gear ratio.
                        you approach the corner at 60 mph in third gear, you press on the brakes and slow to 45, now in 3rd gear at this speed you are at 2500 rpm, you rev match downshifting into third by bringing the rpms up to 3800 rpm before engaging the clutch. when you realease the clutch the engine will engage the transmission VERY smoothly and you will barely even be able to notice that you have shifted (other than the increased RPM). am i making ANY sense to you at all yet? if not then i give up. go get the drift bible and then go buy a bucket to smash around and learn how to drive NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB

Comment

remember, the clutch is engaged when your foot is OFF the pedal.

let me break it down a little further...

- you're in third gear, and braking

- push in clutch

- bring gear lever to neutral

- while still braking with the left side of your foot, press the gas for an instant with the right side of your foot

- put gear lever in second gear

- let out clutch

now, you are going to want to practice that on EVERY downshift you ever do. Also, you are not going to be able to get it right for quite a while, especially the part where you blip the gas. Don't worry, you will improve.

Here's a nice little video of Michael Vergers' feet (Radical sports-racer test driver):

http://www.radicalmotorsport.com/gallery/mv_feet.mpg

Comment

if you have big feet, things change.

Comment

my feet are size 13... not huge, but big enough that it gets tight in smaller cars (ie. Radical SR3...)

Comment

Working...
                              X