Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Would Like to see more domestics

!!!!This Thread is not to hate!!!!

there has been a lot of controversy between American cars vs jap cars I think its dumb. I would actually love to go to a Drift event and see more stangs ,camaros, . . .I think if the Japanese drivers are willing to show off their skills with their cars lets do it in ours I have notice a lot of people in the drift world right now going with the same 2 cars and I don’t even have to tell you them(240sx,ae86) people fallow people on whatever the get or do to their car I think people should be more independent and try something new I don’t know where im actually going with this but I hope the drifting world takes off in the right direction for years to come

Ugh, give me a moment to coalesce my thoughts here, not an easy task, I assure you.
    Let me start off by saying that I disagree that there's a lot of controversy with the domestic vs import issue. When I came here looking for information on setting my car up for drift (88 mustang) I found nothing but help. Also, all the DGTrials events (yeah... both of them) I've hit up over at raceway park featured a fox-body mustang, a vette (I think it was a Z06, I cant remember) and an LS1 camaro. Now, they were SORELY outnumbered by the imports, but you have to remember, this is a sport that started in Japan, and made it to america via the import tuner scene. A lot of domestic guys have trouble with imports, and shy away from anything associated with them. It's not necessarily a lack of welcome from the drift scene, but a lack of enthusiasm/knowledge from the domestic front.

As for the 86's and S-series Nissans being so popular, there is a reason for it, theyre just plain good cars with near perfect weight distribution. Stock, they aren't big on HP/TQ, but I think anyone on these forums'll tell you that's all an afterthought to the suspension set up. In fact, that's the whole reason for imports being so big in general I think, they've got a MAJOR advantage on the domestics when it comes to weight. maybe if there were more light rwd domestics out there, they'd be having more of an impact, as things stand, they just arent there.

And really, I think EVERYONE hopes drifting is headed in the right direction.

This was probably no help at all. Disregard everything I said, I'll be sitting in the corner wearing a dunce cap.

-Kyle

Comment

thnk

thanks for replie but its nice to see some domestic drifters

Comment

I like to think us drifters are alittle over the whole "import vs domestic" thing. We just drive what we like.. the Schassis and 86s are popular for anumber of reason.. one thing theres alot of guys like me who learned of drifting threw there love of the S13. So thats one thing too.

It seems theres alot of guys out there right now who are trying the domestics. its cool to see a diverse field. so welcome.

Comment

1) Use punctuation so you don't look like an ignorant redneck.

2) dont' refer to them as "jap" cars.

Actually never mind. You can't polish a turd, so why try to cover your your ignorance?

Comment

Since we got started in drifting, we have found nothing but overwhelming support from those at drift practices and events. We have seen some 3rd gen camaros, a mustang, some old thunderbirds, and a z06 corvette.

I had a domestic drifting video on my site awhile back, but no room to host it anymore.

The only places were we have been given a hard time is on some of the domestic boards (but even then most were positive) - some people believe that drag racing is the only 'real' motorsport

We get just as many weird looks at autocross's as we do at drift events

If we grow enough to field another car, i've got a 85 Monte Carlo SS that i could turn into another drift car

I like a lot of imports, but my low-budget self has always gone towards cheap chevy small blocks.

Comment

On saturday me and shawn will be getting more footage of us drifting. And after Shawn does some mixing and what not for it he'll post it up.

I hate the import vs. domestic thing mostly because I like both sides. While I'll admit I lean a little more towards the domestic side I still love imports. Can't we all just get along? haha

Comment

I agree

I agree with all the opinions posted here but, my main beef was . It really doesnt matter weather theirs one here or one there at some local drift day ,but I would love to see one in a actuall competition . Pontiac got a clue. seriously, I would love to see ford,chevy,or hell mostly every company compete at the professional level in drifting please repsond

Comment

How old are you? You have the literary skills of a four year old!

Anyways you must be clueless. Currently, a domestic is leading in points in the formula D series. Its a Dodge. Its a Viper.

In the last formula D competition, there was also a 5.0L road race mustang in the competition.

Z28 Evans drives the el camino with great success in the series.

The GTO IS GM's involvement in drifting. Chevrolet and Pontiac are the same company, but you already know that, right?

The only thing I can gather is that you're either really young, and I'm not going to waste my time lecturing a 12 year old, or you're 42 but have the mental capacity of a 12 year old.

Oh and by the way, there is no controversy over domestics entering the drifting world. If you were at all involved in this community, you'd also know that smart guy.

Comment

:::FLAME SHIELDS ACTIVATE:::

Comment

yeah i would like to see more domestics too and when it comes to that i'm a chevy guy. 3rd gen f-bodies are cheap and everywhere. i also would like to see trucks! the '88-'98 chevy 1500 reg. cab shortbed comes to mind.

Comment

yeah there's not much contraversy over the import, domestic thing, but there needs to be more domestics, but don't worry there comeing.

oh and snow blind...............shenanegins

Comment

I dunno, I think you guys are going a little too hard on this guy. I know a lot of crazy engine builders, body-men, painters, etc that dont have the best spelling abilities. I understand that its a bad first impression, but also realize that we are all making a bad first impression for him when we stereotype and make assumptions.

I'm gonna go against the majority and say there is a rivalry even though we all agree its retarded. I dont support it and I think its stupid, but unfortunately I dont think it will ever go away. All I can really say is that the people that actually participate in these events are probably over that stage of their life, more mature, etc. But the way the GTO was greeted by the crowd in the D1 Feb 28 2004 was a pretty good indication to me. The majority spoke. But I also gotta say that it happens both ways. I know a lot of older guys into domestics that talk a lot of un-needed crap about Imports or the sport of drifting in general and its just lame if you ask me. I say we all shut up and drift!!

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
                            I say we all shut up and drift!!
                            AMEN!!

Comment

That viper isnt a car. Its a tube frame purpose built race car. Well I used the word car, but it isnt a production car. How can a hachi making 200 rwhp chase a 600-unlimited hp viper? It cant. I think that car shouldnt be competing. However there is a huge diffrence between a NA 4age and a turbo rb26. The hachi still cant chase the turbo. Really its a matter of traction and torque. More torque and tire, more speed. A NA 4age cant spin 245s.
                              So I think with the huge power potential of a domestic, especially turbo is intimidating. Of course the hachi can handle like crazy but a vett isnt a bad either.
                              Even Im jealous of the torque they make.
                              Kris's camaro down here holds its own. When I was driving a 13b NA I was jealous of his v8. Of course I know he has something my platform isnt capable of, well at the time anyways.
                              My opionion, there are anti domestic attitudes around.
                              sky
                              Ill shut up and drift.

Comment

Working...
                              X