drift the jeep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drift the jeep

my friend has this 1994 jeep grand cherokee that we drift only when its raining(well this one time when his cv boots were shattered and it was fr the was cool). and i was wondering if there was any way to cheaply turn that into a drift car, ie lower it, lsd it, make it an all time rwd(maby keep it a awd drifter). but anyway just wanted to tell you that not just japanese drifters are crazy, more the once hes almost flipped it and so have i, scary doing about 45 sideways in a jeep, very unnatural(one n or two oh well). and another friend drifts his subbie svx, which smells like old fish and cat food, but it can still hang. any way i just wanted to say hey to this forum, and hope i can change my avatar soon.

yea and when you kill yourselves in it, dont blame us...

Comment

I could see a Jeep YJ,they were born out of the war and can handle off road conditions much better and sit a lot lower than the other jeeps.But a Grand Cherokee,those things sit high and know body well inside out,don't bother with it.

Comment

we drifted it all the time, he he we even got chalenged by this punk in an old 240, we accepted and won, he sucked so much, he only did one pass of the lot and stopped we said he could do more if he wanted but declined, my friend had a broken hand at the time so i drove,(lol) i kicked his arse he even atmitted it, i was hanging it out, i will try to post vids of our escapades, its fun as hell, any ways we have been through 8 sets of $300 tires in the back and 2 in the front, oh well read the sig.

Comment

damn i would love to c vid of that i know it can b done cuz i have drifted in a bronco II going like 45 mph b4 the only thing keeping me from flipping over was that i had 5 other people in the car with me

Comment

no

Comment

re:

put very well...NEGATIVE!!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Grounded Boy
                we drifted it all the time, he he we even got chalenged by this punk in an old 240, we accepted and won, he sucked so much, he only did one pass of the lot and stopped we said he could do more if he wanted but declined, my friend had a broken hand at the time so i drove,(lol) i kicked his arse he even atmitted it, i was hanging it out, i will try to post vids of our escapades, its fun as hell, any ways we have been through 8 sets of $300 tires in the back and 2 in the front, oh well read the sig.
                Please stop. Ill trade you two 240's for that jeep

Comment

:driftricer:

Comment

Future Newpaper Article

Some City, Some State

By Jane Reporter

Drifting, Now that we've heard of it, and for those of you that don't its a Type of motorsports where the drivers make there cars sideways. Now 4 kids are dead and one is in critical conditon, after they "drifted" a Chevy Blazer and it flipped 16 times, the teenager. Joe Johnson, 17... was thrown from the vehcile as it plumted towards the ditch. Emergacy officers arrived to find the 4 other boys DOA and Joe uncious. Drifting has existed for along time and many people have been hurt or killed doing it. Touge (mountian racing) has also been asscioed with drifting. SoCali has had many Teenage deaths because of this "sport" of racing down dangerous mountian roads of the GMR.

Comment

THIS IS A SERIOUS MOTOR SPORT, REMEBER ONE PERSON CAN WREAK IT FOR THE REST OF US. YOU ARE VERY STUPID AND IRRESPONSIBLE. A JEEP CANT HANDLE FOR SHI7 SO WHY EVEN BOTHER WITH IT, I KNOW YOU CAN FIND A HACHI OR 240 FOR CHEAPER, BUT WAIT... YOUR NOT REALLY SERIOUS ABOUT LEARNING TO DRIFT LIKE MOST OF US YOU JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ING AROUND LIKE SOME IMMATURE LITTLE JOYRIDERS. LEAVE HEAR GO TO WWW.DUMBASSES.COM YOUR UNWANTED... WELL ATLEAST BY ME... NO RESPECT...NO RESPECT...

Comment

No need for that post. If he came here to tell what he did then it's up to us to try and make him safer. Not bash him and try to run him off. That's the kind of crapola that makes people think that this site thinks to highly of themselves. Instead of being an asshole to him maybe you should try and talk sense into him. Like this.

You really shouldn't do that. If you are doing it when no one else is around, maybe in a parking lost or something, thats cool. But on the road where folks can get hurt. Thats a no-no. I don't think you are a noob or a ricer (generic name for everyone that isn't what you want them to be in the import world) I just think you need to use your head a little more. Yea I used to do that stuff too back in High school. But that was over 10 years ago and trust me. it isn't worth it. there is nothing worth risking someone elses life for. Risk your own, thats yours to piss away but don't risk anyone elses.

See now was that hard? Have some manners. Think of this. If it wasn't for noobs, there would be no sport at all.

Comment

I realize i sounded like an asshole, but you wont realize the stupidness your commiting. I am only 16... but i have lost a friend to a wreckless/drunk driver. and my really good friend lost a boyfriend to drunk driving. All i ever seen in the news is kids getting themselves killed doing dumb stuff in a car. all we need is a bad outlook of the public on us and then everyone will think of us like the kids that followed the FF movies.

Comment

RE: Ghost of Duluth

Good point.

Comment

Lemme break it down to you. You already have a bad outlook on you. You are 16 in an import car. People already look down on you. It's the same way people looked down on the greasers in the 50s, the gearheads in teh 60s, the hippies in the 70s and the punkers in the 80s. Fast forward to the 90s and they have no-one to pin the face if roadway evil on so they stew til now. Now the mass of straightliners pin all the evils of the road on guess who? US!. No matter what you do, what you say or where you are, you are going to be a target. the import car culture has received too much attn in the past few years to let that die. We can thank Fast and Furious for that. That brought the neon lighted, turbocharged, scantily clad women, bass thumpin, tire screeching, spit in your face society that everyone has blissfully ignored to the forefront in everyones imagination. Now they think that all Importers are fighting, racing, baggy pants wearing hooligans that close down streets, leave black marks and keep everyone in their neighborhood in fear. Unfortunatly thats the group that we now find us a part of. Guilt by association. They don't see the precision or the time and effort that we put into our cars and our craft. they only hear loud pipes and voila, Satan is aloose on the streets.

Think about that. This is going to be a losing, uphill battle to get the stiffs to accept that which we love to do. It sucks and it ain't fair but them theres the apples in the pie and we got to find a way to cook them so our pie will win the contest and everyone will love us enough to leave us alone and let us slide.
                              Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 12-02-2003, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X