ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What mods should I get for my first car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What mods should I get for my first car?

Well, I'm looking at getting a '93 240SX. Then going out to get a Headerback Exhaust, Muffler, and CAI at the same time. Which should be about 4000-5000 bucks all together. But Are there any other mods that I should get? I'm only fourteen years old, But I will be fifteen soon, First I will learn to drive the car correctly, then go out performing drifts. Sorry If I sound abit n00b-ish, I'm sort of new to the drifting world. I mean, I've been watching drifting for about 2-3 years, but I've never been into actually doing the sport until now. Also a question, does the weight of the driver play an important role in Drifting? I'm 5'11 and am Quite chubby...>_>;

You still have a ways yet. Don't worry about mods until you get the car. I know I had a giant wish list for mods for my car now, but I have no money to do them yet. You won't know your financial situation then until after you've bought the car.

Buy a catback exhaust with ~2.5" piping, 3" is far too big for NA street applications. I would go with an Ingen short-ram with a cold-air extension. I would also recommend a VLSD install, along with a B&M short shifter.

In reality, suspension is much more crucial to drifting than engine mods. Worry about suspension first, then upgrade the power.

Comment

Ugh, yeah. I guess you have a point there about the suspension. But I dunno, doesn't a Catback have less power than a Headerback?

Comment

Not on an NA motor.

Comment

Why don't you get one and learn to drive, then go and start installing aftermarket parts. You'll get yourself (or most likely the poor 240) killed if you don't.

Comment

lol i would pul apart the stock intake and use a piece of pipe and a filter for an intake.

Comment

Of course I'll learn how to drive before going out and doing anything stupid. I just want to know what I should start off with first. Most people say that a Roll-cage would be a the perfect first modification, Safety first.

Comment

I disagree. You'd have to pad it, and it'd increase the car's blind spots. Not what you want when you're still new to driving.

Learn to drive first and foremost. Wait at least 3 months. Then modify.

Comment

Dude you don't really need a cage on a street car. And you definetely not an 8-point. If you hit something your head's gonna go straight into the bar.

Comment

Originally posted by ACDSupra7
                    Dude you don't really need a cage on a street car. And you definetely not an 8-point. If you hit something your head's gonna go straight into the bar.
                    Good point..
                    Okay, Okay. First I'll be sure to go learn how to drive, and how to PROPERLY drive a manual car. Then, I'll wait a few months, then go out drifting and buy parts.

Comment

Originally posted by LexmarkX73
                      lol i would pul apart the stock intake and use a piece of pipe and a filter for an intake.
                      If you get the CAI located in a good position,then you can run some air to it.The cheap way I've seen this done is to get a small piece of that flexible pipe(not too wide),and set it in your bumper and run it to your CAI.Wouldn't do anything for you at idle,but once you get to speed,it would definitly get more airflow,cheap too.

Comment

Working...
                      X