PDA

View Full Version : Apex Fd3s $$$


destrojn
12-01-2003, 03:52 AM
Lets say I were to win the lottory tommorrow, and decided I wanted to get a carbon copy of the APEX FD, how much would it cost me?:confused:

driftxtreem
12-01-2003, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by destrojn
Lets say I were to win the lottory tommorrow, and decided I wanted to get a carbon copy of the APEX FD, how much would it cost me?:confused:
about 7000000 yen or 70k

destrojn
12-01-2003, 06:13 AM
Is that it?:eek: I'll take 2 please!:D

180onthebricks.
12-01-2003, 07:11 AM
plus take an account the maintanence of the FD, it takes a whole pit crew just to make the car start, if u only buy the car you can most likley start it a couple of times b4 u need those engineers who built that 70k engine

Ghost of Duluth
12-01-2003, 12:40 PM
70k? Heh try alot more. First get the car. 15k right there. then read the article on the car. They drilled a hole between EVERY factory weld on that thing and then seemed it solid. Reinforced every joint and everything in that car. Hell that alone is 10k right there in labor to have that reproduced. You would have to dis-assemble the entire car down to the shell. dip it to remove all the paint, drill, weld then repaint, re-assemble and that's even before ANY mechanical. Jesus. I don't even want to think about it.

I'd say at least 100k easy. You have to remember that mr Extreme is also in Japan. To do that in the states would be astronomical. Parts to be shipped in, specs to be gotten. Logistical nightmare.

enrique
12-01-2003, 01:57 PM
you can get a fd shell for a lot less than that. plus a 3 rotor change over would be less than 4k.

Feint
12-01-2003, 02:23 PM
Why pay all the labour,you can have a shop size garage with a lift,4 wheel dyno and all the tools you need.

driftxtreem
12-01-2003, 04:50 PM
The build hmmm
doner car 2500- 3000
sheetmetal prep 5000 that car was not stripped to metal for the spotwelds
roll bar 900
engine 150000
electronix 150000
turbo/waistgate 8000
intercooler 2100
and the rest to misc. seat, tranni upgrade, lsd, see it aint all you think and the labor is included in these prices. Japan has the highes labor prices I know my shop sweeper makes 2000 a month and could never perform any of these things. It aint all that you guys think it is. Look at Asamotos car what do you think that FD cost.

Chas
12-01-2003, 05:27 PM
That motor isnt 410000. The red FD that crashed, they were selling that whole thing for pretty cheap, like under 40g for the whole thing.

Feint
12-01-2003, 06:21 PM
Are we talking about the Apex-USA car,or the Apex car for Japan?
The Apex-USA RX-7's is J-spec stock,it's all the other custom work that makes it expensive.

driftxtreem
12-01-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Feint
Are we talking about the Apex-USA car,or the Apex car for Japan?
The Apex-USA RX-7's is J-spec stock,it's all the other custom work that makes it expensive. the jap one you can see it a TAS in the Apex booth

panda_3ight_6
12-01-2003, 06:38 PM
either way... you didnt win the lotto so you cant buy one... and if you did youd need to learn alot about custom fabrcation... cuz alot was custom fabricatied... you guys need to quit tryin to geuss the price...

Young Drifter
12-01-2003, 06:54 PM
No custom job is the same each time...Depends on how many hours etc. You guy's should never try to duplicate someone's car. That is like plagurism( i have no idea how to spell ). Get some imagination, and do it yourself.

driftxtreem
12-01-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by panda_3ight_6
either way... you didnt win the lotto so you cant buy one... and if you did youd need to learn alot about custom fabrcation... cuz alot was custom fabricatied... you guys need to quit tryin to geuss the price... well sence i got the hook up at APEX for my 7 im pretty sure im right and Im not far away on the same tunning so I have a good Idea of the price. and you dont need to win the lotto just knok off a bank.


Viewer discression is advised we will not be liable for comments made regarding banks, of knock offs.......

nightracer
12-01-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by enrique
you can get a fd shell for a lot less than that. plus a 3 rotor change over would be less than 4k.
Go to RX7club.com and tell them that... The 20B conversion you're talking about has costed over $30,000 on some FDs. There was an RX-8 that got a 3-Rotor, 20B conversion that and ended up costing $41,000. If APEX'i's car is running a 3-Rotor its expensive as hell.

driftxtreem - where in Japan are you and what kind of shop do you have? You drive an FD3S?

driftxtreem
12-01-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by nightracer
Go to RX7club.com and tell them that... The 20B conversion you're talking about has costed over $30,000 on some FDs. There was an RX-8 that got a 3-Rotor, 20B conversion that and ended up costing $41,000. If APEX'i's car is running a 3-Rotor its expensive as hell.

driftxtreem - where in Japan are you and what kind of shop do you have? You drive an FD3S? 30k for a 20b conversion? Dude I got the whole car for 1500 with only 380000 kmh the APEX car is a 13b Whith ceramic Apex seals, Injecters and a side port job plus all the boost stuff and what knots.

Yea I got a shop here in Tochigi I drive the 7 in my avitar and am doing the 20b swap right know for TAS not allot of them here in Japan you will see some nice 4 roters and I heard of a guy that made a one roter for the hell of it.

Chas
12-01-2003, 07:51 PM
wtf, how hard is the swap? i can get the motor for under 3 grand.

driftxtreem
12-01-2003, 07:57 PM
well there are two ways to do it the right and the wrong. The wrong would be using about a 100 washers to lower the engine on the mounts enough to close the hood and the right would be making the proper mount. But then you have to worrie about the oil pan draging on the ground. Then there is the wiring and turbo do you still use the sequential or go for the single there is no off the shell manifold. what else do you want me to explain Im givin away secrets as it is but just so you know it dont cost that much.

J-BloodAE86
12-01-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by destrojn
Is that it?:eek: I'll take 2 please!:D

ROTFLMAO hahah

Young Drifter
12-02-2003, 07:41 PM
Why not use the stock 2x7 twin turbo motor?

enrique
12-02-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by nightracer
Go to RX7club.com and tell them that... The 20B conversion you're talking about has costed over $30,000 on some FDs. There was an RX-8 that got a 3-Rotor, 20B conversion that and ended up costing $41,000. If APEX'i's car is running a 3-Rotor its expensive as hell.

I said swap not conversion. when you do it yourself its not that expensive.

Chas
12-02-2003, 08:15 PM
nope.

Ghost of Duluth
12-02-2003, 08:52 PM
Yea you can do it yourself that is true. but what is your time worth? also DriftXtreme you are in Japan. We are not. Like American hot rods are relatively cheap to build here, I am sure the same applies to Japan. I'll tell you this though. I wish to holy hell I was over there right now helping you drop some engine in something. I wouldn't care if it was a RC car engine. I just want to be in Japan. :D

O how lucky you are. Do they need anymore Ex military for anything over there? If so, use me as your mouse and point me to the right place so that I may click my way in. Nice black Fd too. I need to post a photo or 2 of mine.

driftxtreem
12-02-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
Yea you can do it yourself that is true. but what is your time worth? also DriftXtreme you are in Japan. We are not. Like American hot rods are relatively cheap to build here, I am sure the same applies to Japan. I'll tell you this though. I wish to holy hell I was over there right now helping you drop some engine in something. I wouldn't care if it was a RC car engine. I just want to be in Japan. :D

O how lucky you are. Do they need anymore Ex military for anything over there? If so, use me as your mouse and point me to the right place so that I may click my way in. Nice black Fd too. I need to post a photo or 2 of mine.
Man I wouldnt know were to point you its all I can do to make it here myself. As for my time my shop rate is 80 bucks per hour flat rate and yea parts are available but still 30k for the swap. Here I would get maybe 9K and thats pushin it. Thanks for the praise

Ghost of Duluth
12-02-2003, 09:52 PM
Ah but to dream. Dream about a life of sideways mayhem in Japan. Oh well. Where there's a will theres a way.
I'll be there someday.

driftaholic
12-02-2003, 10:16 PM
if you would like the parts on the car please get ahold of either myself or chas..