Apex Fd3s $$$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apex Fd3s $$$

Lets say I were to win the lottory tommorrow, and decided I wanted to get a carbon copy of the APEX FD, how much would it cost me?

Re: Apex Fd3s $$$

Originally posted by destrojn
    Lets say I were to win the lottory tommorrow, and decided I wanted to get a carbon copy of the APEX FD, how much would it cost me?
    about 7000000 yen or 70k

Comment

Is that it? I'll take 2 please!

Comment

!

plus take an account the maintanence of the FD, it takes a whole pit crew just to make the car start, if u only buy the car you can most likley start it a couple of times b4 u need those engineers who built that 70k engine

Comment

70k? Heh try alot more. First get the car. 15k right there. then read the article on the car. They drilled a hole between EVERY factory weld on that thing and then seemed it solid. Reinforced every joint and everything in that car. Hell that alone is 10k right there in labor to have that reproduced. You would have to dis-assemble the entire car down to the shell. dip it to remove all the paint, drill, weld then repaint, re-assemble and that's even before ANY mechanical. Jesus. I don't even want to think about it.

I'd say at least 100k easy. You have to remember that mr Extreme is also in Japan. To do that in the states would be astronomical. Parts to be shipped in, specs to be gotten. Logistical nightmare.

Comment

you can get a fd shell for a lot less than that. plus a 3 rotor change over would be less than 4k.

Comment

Why pay all the labour,you can have a shop size garage with a lift,4 wheel dyno and all the tools you need.

Comment

The build hmmm
                doner car 2500- 3000
                sheetmetal prep 5000 that car was not stripped to metal for the spotwelds
                roll bar 900
                engine 150000
                electronix 150000
                turbo/waistgate 8000
                intercooler 2100
                and the rest to misc. seat, tranni upgrade, lsd, see it aint all you think and the labor is included in these prices. Japan has the highes labor prices I know my shop sweeper makes 2000 a month and could never perform any of these things. It aint all that you guys think it is. Look at Asamotos car what do you think that FD cost.

Comment

That motor isnt 410000. The red FD that crashed, they were selling that whole thing for pretty cheap, like under 40g for the whole thing.
                  Last edited by Chas; 12-01-2003, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Are we talking about the Apex-USA car,or the Apex car for Japan?
                    The Apex-USA RX-7's is J-spec stock,it's all the other custom work that makes it expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Feint
                      Are we talking about the Apex-USA car,or the Apex car for Japan?
                      The Apex-USA RX-7's is J-spec stock,it's all the other custom work that makes it expensive.
                      the jap one you can see it a TAS in the Apex booth

Comment

either way... you didnt win the lotto so you cant buy one... and if you did youd need to learn alot about custom fabrcation... cuz alot was custom fabricatied... you guys need to quit tryin to geuss the price...

Comment

No custom job is the same each time...Depends on how many hours etc. You guy's should never try to duplicate someone's car. That is like plagurism( i have no idea how to spell ). Get some imagination, and do it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by panda_3ight_6
                            either way... you didnt win the lotto so you cant buy one... and if you did youd need to learn alot about custom fabrcation... cuz alot was custom fabricatied... you guys need to quit tryin to geuss the price...
                            well sence i got the hook up at APEX for my 7 im pretty sure im right and Im not far away on the same tunning so I have a good Idea of the price. and you dont need to win the lotto just knok off a bank.

Viewer discression is advised we will not be liable for comments made regarding banks, of knock offs.......

Comment

Originally posted by enrique
                              you can get a fd shell for a lot less than that. plus a 3 rotor change over would be less than 4k.
                              Go to RX7club.com and tell them that... The 20B conversion you're talking about has costed over $30,000 on some FDs. There was an RX-8 that got a 3-Rotor, 20B conversion that and ended up costing $41,000. If APEX'i's car is running a 3-Rotor its expensive as hell.

driftxtreem - where in Japan are you and what kind of shop do you have? You drive an FD3S?

Comment

Working...
                              X