86, the Drifting Pioneer!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 86, the Drifting Pioneer!?

This morning i was playing Counter Stirike on the computer and came across a fellow drift fanatic, or poser, i don't know....
    So i was trying to converse with this guy and then he comes out of nowhere and says, "The 86 started Drifting!" I was like WTF, and tried to tell him this wasn't true but he seemed to ACTUALLY belive this and left the server while i was trying to explain how drifting became public, with the help of the driftking.....

so, xk."Passion of Drifting", xk.86, whoever the hell you are and every other ignorant drifter and drift fan, you guys need to do some reaserch
    Drifting's been around alot long than the AE86, and didn't evern have a name before the DriftKing named going sideways "Drifting"
    just wanted to let that out, his statement just bothered me and made me wonder if any other american drifters are that stupid.... i hope not

I'm not.

Comment

hey you can actually play counter-strike from here? i live on base and have cable but i ping at like 400-600 even on servers in japan... whats the ip of the server you play on and do you live on base or off?

Comment

Originally posted by Ziptyed
        I'm not.
        Ditto

Comment

screw 86's I can't wait till I get a 20b in my Supra. someday.......

Comment

just kidding I do really like 86's

Comment

Re: 86, the Drifting Pioneer!?

Originally posted by Oki Drifter
              Drifting's been around alot long than the AE86, and didn't evern have a name before the DriftKing named going sideways "Drifting"
              Drifting was always called "drifting" before the driftking started doing it. Read some books its always been around.

Comment

Yea i play counterstrike too and its pretty often that you find kids that say they know about cars. Most of em are idiots talking about how cool fast and furious was. Well im not like that, i try to help this website out by telling them to read drift 101 and watch videos, hopefully helping them.

Comment

Re: 86, the Drifting Pioneer!?

Originally posted by Oki Drifter
                  just wanted to let that out, his statement just bothered me and made me wonder if any other american drifters are that stupid.... i hope not
                  i am new here so i don't know much. but i thought i read in last months r/t drifting article that the term " drifting" has been around since racers used it in the 60's... could be wrong i don't have that article here in front of me. so sorry if any of that is incorrect.

Comment

Re: Re: 86, the Drifting Pioneer!?

Originally posted by chexmix78
                    i am new here so i don't know much. but i thought i read in last months r/t drifting article that the term " drifting" has been around since racers used it in the 60's... could be wrong i don't have that article here in front of me. so sorry if any of that is incorrect.
                    Nah thats right...The driftking didnt invent drifting he just used the technique at a track and got known for it.

Comment

No way man, the 86 didn't start Drifting, the GTO did in 2004. Heck Drifting was nothing til that came out.

Comment

Working...
                      X