ATESSA-ETS Kill for Drifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATESSA-ETS Kill for Drifting?

i am seriously looking into motorex for a 92 gtr 32 and i was wondering if there was a way to disconnect the atessa from the exu so it will stay in rwd mode.
    and if ur wondering attesa makes the front wheels get 50% of power when slippage is felt in the rear
    anything would be appreciated except for telling me to get a gts or some other car like most people

Birthday December 24, 1987
    Biography i need a car

Hmm parents are going to buy you an R32 so you can pursue your drift dreams and at the same time try to be the coolest kid in school with an RHD car? Rock on

Edit: BTW if you're thinking of using a skyline for drifitng, Get a GTS or a better idea: another car entirely

Comment

thanks for the imput but my parents arent buying the car to popular opinion
      i have been saving 80% of money i make since i was 10 and have had a true job with my moms business since 12 so ive made around 10 grand in 7 years
      im not just having this car to be a kool kid i live in a small hick town and about 2% of kids in my school actually know what a skyline is. and im not planning to make it full time fr i just wanted to be able to normally drift when i wanted to
      and im not totally set on a skyline but i really like them like everybody elese.
      i will be paying at least 75% of the cost

Comment

pull the fuse for the awd function for the r32's and 34's. 33's are more of a fuss...

Comment

Before you go investing that much money in a car I'd reccommend getting a cheap beater to drive around for a few months. Get a better feeling for driving and what not before you risk messing up a ten thousand dollar car.

Comment

if u dont mind me asking where do u live in washington.
            ohh yah btw for ur first car i seriously doubt a skyline would last 3 weeks

Comment

ya if i ewre u id get a gts-t, rwd single turbo did i mention already rwd. with the money u saved, u could modify it get a nice suspension or what ever u want, hell u could swap an rb25det in and be set

Comment

Originally posted by Hachi-roku04
                thanks for the imput but my parents arent buying the car to popular opinion
                i have been saving 80% of money i make since i was 10 and have had a true job with my moms business since 12 so ive made around 10 grand in 7 years
                im not just having this car to be a kool kid i live in a small hick town and about 2% of kids in my school actually know what a skyline is. and im not planning to make it full time fr i just wanted to be able to normally drift when i wanted to
                and im not totally set on a skyline but i really like them like everybody elese.
                i will be paying at least 75% of the cost
                What about your Spoon S2000?

Comment

the s2k fell because i realized that i didnt want a 2 seater convert with power in the 6500 to 9000 rpm range
                  i want a lil more versitility also so thus awd
                  i dont want a gts because its like getting a sr5 over a gts hatchi
                  its all just preference
                  and i found a system that works to electronically cut out attessa by push button for 300 bucks
                  ive always liked skylines i just never knew i could have one untill i herd of motorex
                  and i live in ridgefield washington wich is just north of vancouver

Comment

you do know the 92 r32 skyline's starting price at motorex is $34000... plus a $16000 conversion fee (which is required by law)

also, $34000 is the starting price which is never really available... youll probably have to pay around 36-38 grand.

if you can manage to get an r32 for $ 34000, you are already paying $50000 for a fairly old car. without taxes, and insurance (you would probably have to get it insured under exotic car, and that just sounds like it will have "exotic" rates.)

lol all i can say is good luck.

Comment

The R32 is my dream car, when i say dream it means i either have to find it in the suday paper by some old guy that just got it for some unknown reason or im gonna have to actually work my *Censored**Censored**Censored* off to get the car. I think your too young to get something bad *Censored**Censored**Censored*, why dont you look into a 240. With all the money your gonna spend on a R32, you can get a 240 and just the Rb26dett engine from the R32, swap it. Fix it up, maybe get some1 to do a conversion for a 240 to R32. I mean thats what im thinkin of doing.

Comment

lex the 34k price is with legalization and packaging fees so i will be paying 10 k for a 8 k car wich is not bad
                        the big money is getting it legal wich is overpriced but it is a skyline.
                        and with the 240 swap to nismo.
                        ive herd of those swaps but i think it will be almost as much to get the motor and put in and finnaly ready to drive as a skyline but it would still be a 240 sure a mega hot 240 but still not a skyline. I feel the same way about r32's and i have a chance to get one. the onyl thing keeping me from one is my grades. im almost 17 and have no lisence or car i have a lowly permit. if i get my grades up i could be lookin at a true skyline in my driveway that i can touch and screw around with and best yet drive it. and i dont plan to be like an initial d kid that gets a nice car and runs around untill i crash it. i plan to do hardly any mods untill i get the total feel of the car. i plan to do the 2530 swap and make around 700 hp when the project is complete
                        but thats 2 years down the line
                        thatnks for the imput eveyone!

Comment

i think you need to read up on the small print at motorex. what it looks like is you think you will get an r32 for under $10k.

Comment

umm no i said 34 k but w/e
                            its not gonna be that cheap or everybody would have one

Comment

Motorex hasnt actually legalized any skylines in a while. Im not sure whats going on behind the scenes but i think something is up.

And did this guy just compare a skyline GTS to a 20 year old 80whp corrolla?

Comment

Working...
                              X