So I ended up getting a 240sx...Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I ended up getting a 240sx...Question

A 1990 2.4l 240sx with a 5 speed. It's in PERFECT condition, comes with low profile tires and stiff suspension

I have a question though, I don't know alot about the 240sx, but I know for a fact that my '66 Mustang doesn't have a positrack (aka LSD) diff., and was wondering if the 240sx is the same? Is it a bad thing if it doesn't?

Your car doesn't have one unless the last owner put one in. Is it bad, for what, drifting?

Comment

Yeah, sorry. That's what I meant.

I know that having an open diff. is better for a general daily driver than a locked one, but when it comes to drifting it adds more wear to one tire than the other. Do you think I can get by drifting without a LSD?

Thanks.

Comment

SMC has. Read his threads. Know his threads.

A 1-way or 1.5-way LSD is perfectly acceptable for street driving.

Comment

Wickdmarz is also a believer in the power of the open differential. Especialy for practicing. Not a widely held belief but one i tend to prove with my skills and nothing more.

Ultimately your going to want a LSD as you get more serious though.

And an LSD is designed to compromise the full locked diff and the open diff, givng you the best of both or so you hope. there are many different styles and levels of lock ect..
          Last edited by nissanguy_24; 07-29-2004, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X