Skyline -GTS-T ??'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skyline -GTS-T ??'s

I had a few questions on the Skyline GTS-T, I was wondering if they are an economical alternative to the Silvias and AE86s. I do not know much about the GST, other than it is RWD and RB20 powered. I was just wondering if it would be cheaper than a 240 since most people are unaware of the GTS-T. Although they may try to sell 'em as "GTR"s to people who don't know any better. I'm just looking around for something to replace the mn12. Post pics of some GTS-T's if ya would.

RE:

Probably can't get one cheaper than $15,000.

Comment

I figured they would be expensive.

Comment

Actully guys, The Skyline GTS has the RB25det engine which is the 2.5 liter Single turbo, the turbo is a T3 clone with ball bearing center cartrage and ceramic turbine wheel. You can find a R32 GTS for around $9K or sometimes less, but the big price comes with the american legalizing, shipping and of course your aftermarket modifications hehe. I mean i have seen GTR's go for $25K

The RB20DET was used in the R31 skyline in 1986 and special addition Z31 (300ZX turbo 88-89) called the 200ZR. It is yes a 2.0 Liter straight 6!..revs as far as the eye can see heheh. Have fun guys.

Comment

Originally posted by fullboostorbust
          Actully guys, The Skyline GTS has the RB25det engine which is the 2.5 liter Single turbo, the turbo is a T3 clone with ball bearing center cartrage and ceramic turbine wheel. You can find a R32 GTS for around $9K or sometimes less, but the big price comes with the american legalizing, shipping and of course your aftermarket modifications hehe. I mean i have seen GTR's go for $25K

The RB20DET was used in the R31 skyline in 1986 and special addition Z31 (300ZX turbo 88-89) called the 200ZR. It is yes a 2.0 Liter straight 6!..revs as far as the eye can see heheh. Have fun guys.
          R32 GTS-t has RB20DET, R33 and R34 GTS-t have RB25DET.

Comment

re:

actually...boro240 is right...sorry i wont say anything because i have done enough ownage for the night...lol ttyl bro

Comment

cefiros, laurels, and didnt r32 gts-m have the rb20?...damnit i want a laurel now

Comment

Boro240...
                Yes you are correct, the R31 - R32 has the RB20. but your much more likely to run into a RB25DET then a RB20. The 20's are almost non exsistant even out in AU and japan. I know becuase i needed the RB20 oil pan out of the 200ZR when i was looking to install a RB26DETT in my 240Z. Now bought a S14 Sr20 for weight and price purposes for my swap. Should be interesting to say the least
                Take Care.

Comment

How bout an R32 GTS-T with an SR20DE like the one from the early sentra SE-R's, i think they had an sr20. Couldn't you get an sr20 to 200hp on the motor or would it be too peaky for street use, or how bout a NA RB25 or 26? I'm just full of ideas on this one. Personally I'd like to swap in an infinity Q45 345 V8. Then you've got both hi-tech power and that great v8 sound.

Comment

But why o why would you want to take the RB out of the R32? No 4 cylinder gonna sound like a straight six. More power,torque and why butcher up an R32 like that. Hell they are hard enough to come by as it is.

Comment

I know of a R32 GTS-T4 for sale in the US. He won't take less then $16k for it completely legalized. But it won't do any good for drifting because its awd but has teh RB20DET in it.

Comment

isnt the GTs-t the ecomny version of the GT-R and isnt it much more popular...

Comment

the r32 gts series had an rb20de and rb20det(depends what type of gts)...and i think the r32 gtr has an rb26dett...the gts is rwd and the gtr is 4wd...xept the gts4 which is 4wd

Comment

Originally posted by fullboostorbust
                            Boro240...
                            Yes you are correct, the R31 - R32 has the RB20. but your much more likely to run into a RB25DET then a RB20. The 20's are almost non exsistant even out in AU and japan. I know becuase i needed the RB20 oil pan out of the 200ZR when i was looking to install a RB26DETT in my 240Z. Now bought a S14 Sr20 for weight and price purposes for my swap. Should be interesting to say the least
                            Take Care.
                            non existant?? rb20 is alot more common and cheaper than rb25...

Comment

Originally posted by markeese180sx
                              the r32 gts series had an rb20de and rb20det(depends what type of gts)...and i think the r32 gtr has an rb26dett...the gts is rwd and the gtr is 4wd...xept the gts4 which is 4wd
                              gts does not not have a det. GTS-T.... T means turbo!!

Comment

Working...
                              X