Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miscellaneous Silvia questions

Just a few things I was wondering about the Silvia:
    1. How much is the insurance on an S13/14?
    2. Are parts available for the KA and is it a reliable motor?
    3. How are they in snow and rain?
    4. Are they affordable now that they are popular?
    5. Is it possilbe to find one that isn't beat totally up? The ones around here are few and far between, and they're usually old beaters.
    6. What's the best look out of theses: S13 Coupe with 180 nose, S14 with 180 nose, S14w/S15 nose, Sileighty with S15 nose, 180sx. Post some pics if ya would.

Re: Miscellaneous Silvia questions

1. Cheap
    2. Yes, good motor
    3. Fun
    4. Yes
    5. Yea, look harder.
    6. Stock s13 fastback, or 180sx as you call it.

Comment

Re: Miscellaneous Silvia questions

Originally posted by Tsunami
      Just a few things I was wondering about the Silvia:
      1. How much is the insurance on an S13/14?
      2. Are parts available for the KA and is it a reliable motor?
      3. How are they in snow and rain?
      4. Are they affordable now that they are popular?
      5. Is it possilbe to find one that isn't beat totally up? The ones around here are few and far between, and they're usually old beaters.
      6. What's the best look out of theses: S13 Coupe with 180 nose, S14 with 180 nose, S14w/S15 nose, Sileighty with S15 nose, 180sx. Post some pics if ya would.
      1. Depends on your driving record. Shouldn't be too bad. Insurance companies don't consider it very fast because it's not.
      2. Parts are available for the KA, but not like the SR20DET. And the KA is a reliable motor until you slap a turbo on it.
      3. Sucks in snow, fun in the rain, safe in neither.
      4. Do you consider 5K affordable for a pre '97 car?
      5. Anything's possible and yes, you can find them in good condition.
      6. Who cares, do what you like, not what other people think. I have an S15 front on my S14. Some like it, some don't, but I love it and that's all that matters to me.

-ty

Comment

Well that's nice to hear definitely. All I'm looking for performance wise is under 8 sec 0-60 time and around 15 sec quarter. But the thing is this has to be driven in snow and rain, so I'm wondering if adding some weight in the winter will help. Under 5k would be right in the ballpark price wise. It'd be even better if I can find one with under 50k (I'm dreamin I know) one last thing, how is it in a crash?

Comment

Originally posted by Tsunami
          Well that's nice to hear definitely. All I'm looking for performance wise is under 8 sec 0-60 time and around 15 sec quarter. But the thing is this has to be driven in snow and rain, so I'm wondering if adding some weight in the winter will help. Under 5k would be right in the ballpark price wise. It'd be even better if I can find one with under 50k (I'm dreamin I know) one last thing, how is it in a crash?
          A manual stock (KA24DE) will easily do 0-60 in under 8 seconds. 1/4 mile time is like 17, though. Stock SR20DETs will do the 1/4 in under 15.

It's definitely not a car for a climate that has snow--you won't be able to use the car.

Don't worry about the engine being under 50K--it can go for over 1/4 of a million miles easily.

-ty

Comment

Working...
          X