American Muscle vs. Rice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Muscle vs. Rice

Another funny vid I found in the other forum I frequent. I love the use of the Austin Powers theme song.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/86Mont...ebossanova.wmv

And this one is a vid made by a Vette guy just chilling around somewhere. He spots a group of ricers and records them. This is why I walk the other way when I spot them.

http://www.cjvette.com/ricers.wmv
    Last edited by svtxchinoy; 07-29-2004, 08:07 AM.

Hillarious vid man.

Comment

just as soon as I download some more movie viewing programs I will totally watch those..

one of these days someone will be drifting somewhere and they'll see a 1974 dodge charger drifting right behind them, lookin like a cop in the black and white and maybe some KC offroad lights rockin on top.. I'll be roarin around the corners like a runaway train hehe

my Corolla is great, but I still love the V8 muscle

Comment

Gotta love those Ricers and DOH'mestics

Comment

weird thing is... you did not show any racecar imports, Hondas ect... they have full race hondas running in the 8, 9 sec's etc...
          i use to be into the v8 thing. but not ready anymore. when i see a civic hb ALL motor, (read NO turbo, NO nos,) run 12.8 in the 1/4 mile, thats CRAZY!!!
          not ALL imports are slow... it cost just as much money to make a FAST v8 as it does to make a FAST import. the fun part about the imports, it takes more work to get the power out.
          but me, i LOVE imports, but i like talking and checking everyones rides out. be it an import or a v8 monster... if the person is do the work themselfs, then more power to them. i would say 98% of the people bit%hing don't even drive, much less have a car...
          like today, i was hanging out with the v8 guys. they had some AWESOME machines.
          you wanta play, you gota to pay...

black pretty stock

Comment

Hey Superdrift, I'll swap with ya for a drift session. Would like to try out a 86 for a day.

Comment

sounds like fun. I've been wondering how those new mustangs handle.
              my friend has a cobra but wouldnt ever let me drive it.

JDM_R-
              I dont see anything here saying imports are all slow.
              I know this is going to be a never ending arguement just like with the muscle car guys trying to say which is better, ford, chrysler, chevy blah blah..

I for one love the sound of a V8, to me you cant beat the sound.. I also like imports as of recent, but the FF imports havent given me anything to be excited about.
              most of the things I've seen an import do like hitting the upper 12's is from spending twice as much money as it would take to get a muscle car in the lower 11's, also running N/A motor
              atleast with drifting and autocross type racing I can see a good aspect of the RWD imports and I've really started to appreciate them, since all my friends arent into imports at all and I had to learn about them myself and am ridiculed alot for liking them.

I've been trying to research imports to understand why they keep showing up on the drag strip and Im still not sure.
              the same way I look at a chevy and try to understand why they only use the 350 as a performance motor when their 454 is so much better, and even with that they are still beat easily by mopar and somewhat behind Ford.. it's like something becomes popular so the parts become cheap, but while people are lost in the affordability they forget that by trying other things they might be able to reach their goal of being faster.

Comment

JDM, this wasnt intended to show slow imports, Cars are cars, doesn't matter where its made. Ricers are out there making the import scene look ridiculous. There are plenty of "doh-mestic" ricers as well. I understand what you say though, its a stupid mentallity of "domestive vs. imports" thing thats going on. There are rarely purely japanese, euro, or american cars on the road anymore. Everyones gotta share of somebody else, they all share their technology. Ford owns a lot of non-american based manufacturers, so what do you call them, sell outs or half-breeds? lolz. Didn't mean to make you misunderstand the vid's, I just thought they were funny. Don't want to start a debate on american vs. imports, cause its a pretty useless topic.

Comment

I lmao when I heard that vette guy with his lisp And holy crap, that *Censored**Censored**Censored* dodge shadow with neon, funny. The ricers were all talking about how they were going to get more cars out, like a sunfire hahahahahahahahaha

Comment

I love how all the american car owners rag on the japanese cars. The viper donut. Wow what car cant do a dont like that any supra or rear wheel drive car can.. Oh and by the way this is sad. My friends has a silvia s13 and he dragged 4 built vipers at the strip he is runnin a sr20det 350hp to the wheels. Ok I bet the biker in the video wasnt trying to race that car cus any bike can pull away from a camaro or a vette. So to all the american v8 cars owners shut your mouth and wait to be owned Cus you will be and its gonna be by some 16 year old kid in a 240 packin 500 hp SUCKAS

Comment

Originally posted by turbo_blitz21
                      I love how all the american car owners rag on the japanese cars. The viper donut. Wow what car cant do a dont like that any supra or rear wheel drive car can.. Oh and by the way this is sad.
                      Errrr...it's just cool to see someone with an 80,000 dollar car throw down some doughnuts on a 2 lane street.

My friends has a silvia s13 and he dragged 4 built vipers at the strip he is runnin a sr20det 350hp to the wheels.
                      Doubt it. Post dyno graphs and mods.

Ok I bet the biker in the video wasnt trying to race that car cus any bike can pull away from a camaro or a vette.
                      There's vettes and camaros well into the single digits and bikes that only run 11's. It's fully possible.

So to all the american v8 cars owners shut your mouth and wait to be owned Cus you will be and its gonna be by some 16 year old kid in a 240 packin 500 hp SUCKAS
                      Talking ish like this is why those guys laugh at you.

1. you don't own a 500 horse 240, nor will you
                      2. 500 horsepower is entry level if you're going to roll with the big boys. If you want to start talking huge horsepower, you're going to have to put down more then 500 to be a contender...and you're going to have to run serious nubers as well. NO traction-limited 14's.

I'm not in favor or against Japanese cars, or American cars. You're just being silly.
                      Last edited by Parry; 08-01-2004, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by turbo_blitz21
                        I love how all the american car owners rag on the japanese cars. The viper donut. Wow what car cant do a dont like that any supra or rear wheel drive car can.. Oh and by the way this is sad. My friends has a silvia s13 and he dragged 4 built vipers at the strip he is runnin a sr20det 350hp to the wheels. Ok I bet the biker in the video wasnt trying to race that car cus any bike can pull away from a camaro or a vette. So to all the american v8 cars owners shut your mouth and wait to be owned Cus you will be and its gonna be by some 16 year old kid in a 240 packin 500 hp SUCKAS

Comment

OWNED!!!!!!

Comment

yea, we're ALL in the motorsports for one reason. at least i am. to me, it's about having FUN with my cars... my 94 civic is a BLAST to drive. but at the moment, it is slow as $%^k. but i don't really care. i'd rather drive a my slow a$$ civic than drive... i've been looking into autocross, solo ll racing. i was going to try to make it FAST, but you'er right. it takes money, and ALOT of it. that goes for v8's, imports, etc... i'm just a gear head. if i see an AWESOME car, i'm going to look japanese, american, it doesn't matter.

CANN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!

Comment

Exactly. My car is slow...but I always figured it's a lot more fun to drive slow cars fast than fast cars slow, so I enjoy it for what it is. Someday perhaps it will not be so slow, but I'm not worried.

But, despite that you can't forget what fast is, and what it takes to get there. Otherwise you end up looking like that moron.

Comment

Working...
                              X