Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negative Camber (Bare with me)

is this negative camber? "\"

That would be positive.Negative camber is inwards,or in the way you displayed "/".

Comment

soooo to drift you need "/" ?

Comment

To dift,there's lots of things taken into consideration.But yes,there's always a degree of negative camber.Negative camber gives a greater contact patch,and also eliminates understeer.Having too much can significantly increase tire wear and change straight line characteristics.It has to be done with in reason of course.Also,of the car is street driven,then once again your settings will vary,as you'll probably not want to eat your tires up quickly during daily driving.

Comment

Truths about negative camber
          There is such thing as too much negative camber. By making the wheel/tire go into static negative camber on a vehicle with a MacPherson strut front suspension, you are going to be counteracting the positive camber change. However, there is a level at which you over-counteract and thus the tire is always in a negative-camber situation. This is not wanted because it will both wear the tires prematurely and decrease contact patch and thus decreasing overall grip. In the rear, less negative camber (if any) is often used and, if it is used, it is usually to tweak the balance of the car. The old-school Japanese drifters used to run oni-kyan ("demon camber") so they could get their tires to spin easily even though they had very little power... but I don't recommend that to any of you.

From one of my posts in the tech section. The search function works, by the way.

/-------\ -There's a super-simplistic representation of negative camber.
          Last edited by GRiDRaceTech; 07-31-2004, 10:34 AM.

Comment

indeed. thank you for being so patient with me i appriciate it, in other forums people get blasted to hell for asking simple questions.

Comment

Working...
            X