PDA

View Full Version : Burnt Miata Pics

miata619drifter
12-01-2003, 08:05 PM
well before it burned anyway. here are some pics i found lying around of my old miata from 2 years ago

these are pics from Battle of the Imports in Fontana (California Speedway)...i know this is a drifting forum...that car would have been awesome for drifting...if it hadn't burned! :mad:

That car:
1992 Miata
GReddy turbo kit
Spearco intercooler core with end tanks done by RPM from the south bay (i dont know if they're still around)
aluminum i/c pipes
Vortech FMU
upgraded fuel pump (i think my brother got it from moss motors)
crower mild cams
ACT clutch
MSD DIS-2 Ignition
LSD rear end from a junkyard
GReddy profec-b boost controller
GReddy Type-S BOV
3 inch custom piping from the cat back (big help)
magnaflow muffler
Flyin Miata springs (less weight transfer=better launches)
Autopower rollbar

miata619drifter
12-01-2003, 08:06 PM
trailer fresh...

miata619drifter
12-01-2003, 08:10 PM
spearco intercooler and super trick "take-out-the-turn-signal" cold air intake

miata619drifter
12-01-2003, 08:12 PM
call that big RPM sticker "ricey" all you want but free parts are free parts!

miata619drifter
12-01-2003, 08:15 PM
if you want to know that cars time's were:

8.6's in the 1/8th mile

13.3's consistently with occasional 13.28's and 13.29's in the 1/4 mile

this was at 15psi

miata619drifter
12-01-2003, 08:16 PM
more spearco action...

Feint
12-01-2003, 08:17 PM
Nah,the sticker isn't ricey.How did the car go up in flames though? You can't just say a beautiful Miata burned without telling the story.

miata619drifter
12-01-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Feint
Nah,the sticker isn't ricey.How did the car go up in flames though? You can't just say a beautiful Miata burned without telling the story.

i blew a head gasket, which pressurized the whole oil system, which blew out the dip stick, which got oil on the turbo, which caught fire

i didnt have a fire extinguisher with me, so the car burned (all the way through the so-called "firewall") from the engine to halfway through the interior by the time a friend showed up with a fire extinguisher

when i first parked the car after thinking i had only blown a head gasket, the paint on the hood was bubbling! i opened the hood and...fire!

prodigy
12-01-2003, 08:31 PM
We all feel for you man.

z33Drifter
12-01-2003, 10:07 PM
that suxs must of been a fun ride

CRASHDRIVE
12-01-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by miata619drifter
i blew a head gasket, which pressurized the whole oil system, which blew out the dip stick, which got oil on the turbo, which caught fire

i didnt have a fire extinguisher with me, so the car burned (all the way through the so-called "firewall") from the engine to halfway through the interior by the time a friend showed up with a fire extinguisher

when i first parked the car after thinking i had only blown a head gasket, the paint on the hood was bubbling! i opened the hood and...fire!

Dude!
This isn't the same MIATA that your driving now right?
(your RED one?)

Feint
12-02-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by CRASHDRIVE
Dude!
(your RED one?)

here are some pics i found lying around of my old miata from 2 years ago

Only the one burned.What happened to your Miata is one of those worst case scenarios that you never think could ever happen,pretty wild.It was a nie Miata though,you know how much hp it put down and the times?

miata619drifter
12-02-2003, 11:44 AM
Dude!
(your RED one?)

the white miata in these pics is the previous miata i owned. the white one is the one that burned.

i bought the red miata earlier this year. the turbo i have on the red miata is the same turbo i salvaged from the burned white miata. also from the burned miata are my flyin miata springs and autopower rollbar.

the rims, GReddy type-s BOV, and intercooler were sold off

i still have the MSD DIS-2 in a box, along with the GReddy Profec-B boost controller (which i doubt still works)

miata619drifter
12-02-2003, 11:50 AM
Feint, i never had the car dyno'ed but as far as times, the burnt miata ran 8.6's in the 1/8th mile and consistent 13.3's in the 1/4 mile. on a few occasions it hit 13.28 and 13.29 in the 1/4 mile.

when i get enough money saved up i'm going to build my current miata (the red one) up to the specs of the burned one.

driftaholic
12-02-2003, 05:35 PM
toobad...

Chas
12-02-2003, 10:12 PM
I like miatas

CRASHDRIVE
12-03-2003, 12:37 PM
Off Topic:

Miata619Drifter: did you get your Snap-Back problem resolve?

miata619drifter
12-03-2003, 06:53 PM
Off Topic:

Miata619Drifter: did you get your Snap-Back problem resolve?

well kind of. i've just been keeping my foot on the gas more and that softens the snap back.

the best way i've been getting sideways lately is down shifting before the turn from like 3rd to 2nd then standing on the gas. its more of a power slide, i know, but if i let go of the gas at the right time then get back on it i can prolong the slide.

current tire set up thats helping too:

30 psi in the front

40 psi in the back

prodigy
12-03-2003, 08:01 PM
I am thinking about buying my gf a Miata actually Chad. Seeing how the car is to small for me, 6'3". I am going hook it up and give it to here for her birthday one year. I told her 21st but it might be sooner. Depends if I find a car and how much I work on it. I am going to paint it pink, her favorite color, after all it is going to be her car.