Do all 240SX's come with a turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do all 240SX's come with a turbo?

please bare with me dont blast me because you think my question is simple.

i dont have any plans on buying a 240SX right now or any components i just want to know.

I saw 'turbo upgrades' no overboost.com do all 240SX es come with a turbo or does that 'turbo upgrade' mean that it adds a turbo to the sx?

also if only some come with a turbo how do you know if they have one?

Nope,no 240sx came with a turbo from the factory.Let me teach you a thing about Nissan engine codes,which imo are the best out.

For the 240sx,the engines where eitheir a KA24E (American equivalent to the CA18DET) and then after 91 it was the KA24DE which came out after the SR20DET in Japan.

The KA is the engine,24 is the displacement,which is 2.4 litres.No D means it's an SOHC,which means single over-head camshaft.If it has a D,it means Dual over-head camshafts.The E means electronicly fuel injected.Now in the case of the Japanese engines the CA18DET and the SR20DET,the same applies.The CA and SR being the engine,the 18 and 20 displacement,the D being DOHC,the E being electronicly fuel injected.But this time it has a T.The t means turbo.Two TT's means sequential turbo aka twin turbo.

To answer the turbo part,it's an add on to the KA engine.

Comment

soo all of the american 240SXes are "KA"

Comment

Correct.And all of the S13 200sx's in Europe are CA18DET powered,even after 91.Japan got the SR20DET in their 180sx's and Silvia's,but Europe had to wait till the S14 200sx for that engine.

Comment

ill just use this car for an example.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

can u out a turbo upgrade in that car?

Comment

Yes you can.You can slap a turbo on almost anything really,as long as your mechanicly inclined enough.

Comment

heh i know i guess i didnt make it clear enough thats ok though.

i have alot of questions but i dont know if all can be answered >

so if you get a turbo you also need a intercooler?

Comment

You could run without an intercooler,but it's not wise since your going to be sending back really hot exhaust gases.Preferably a reasonable front mount intercooler would be recommended,or at least a cheap sidemount to get you by on low boost for a while.You should have response in mind along with how much boost you plan on running when you purchase your intercooler.It would be retarded to get a huge drag intercooler when you don't even need something half that big,as it will kill your response.Remember that the air has to travel through all of the plumbing and the intercooler before it even gets put to use.This can create lag,that's why how much boost your planning to run and the cars use should be a consideration before purchase.

Comment

I Agree

jgsprecision.com good inexpensive intercoolers. when turboing i recomend intercooler and find the biggest radiator you can, cause if you get your block to hot your going to get detonation(pre-ignition) thats when combustion takes place when the piston is on the up stroke ,which will really mess up your engine.

Comment

Working...
                  X