New guy in need of help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy in need of help

Hello everyone, my name is Drake Remington and I live in Houston Texas, boredom central. A few years ago I developed an admiration for this mountain racing series named Initial D. This inherently got me very interested in the drifting world, but I was only 16 years old at the time, with no car and no knowledge of cars or mechanics for that matter. Today I am almost 20 years old and I still have no mechanical or car knowledge, but I still have an on-going passion for cars and racing. I go full time to colllege, and currently have a very poor paying passive job. I dont have enough money currently to buy a nice car or even buy an old used car for that matter, and upgrade it. Im still stuck with an economy Em2 civic which I made a couple of good upgrades for, which now seem like a waste to me. I have been debating on selling it, and using the money to buy another car, from a dealer or individual. If I buy from a dealer I could get a very nice car and pay the rest off over a couple of years, after putting a downpayment from the money I get from my civic. But I dont want to make another mistake again like I did buying this civic. Dont misunderstand, however. It was not my intention to attempt to drift with this car. Not only do I like drifting, but I like circuit racing. All I want is a good adrenaline rush, and the privilage of racing a respectable and nice car. So I have currently been engaging in research on cars. I came here in hopes that you all might be able to help me decide what I could do for a car given my current situation, if you dont mind.
    My current situation is, im living with my father, who makes a very good living supporting us. I dont pay for anything, other than my car. I am currently looking for a minimum wage paying job, to work full time at, and I expect to find one soon. My car might be worth anywhere from 8-11k, and I plan on using that money for my next car.

If any of you could lead me in the right direction for what I should do for my next car, and how I should take care of it, and how much it might cost, I would deeply appreciate it. I would even gladly accept a website link providing any useful information about cars, or another forum preferably. Currently I am looking at these cars to invest in, from most wanted to least wanted, from what little I know about them
    350z
    2000+ Impreza WRX STi
    Integra Type-R DC2 or DC5
    2000+ Celica GT-S
    MR2 or MR2 Spyder
    RX-7 FC3S or FD3S
    240sx or 180sx
    Last edited by Gauron; 07-30-2004, 06:54 PM.

Before you make anymore mistakes,finish college.Your already a full-time student,stick to it.When it's all done and over,then you can get a higher paying job,possibly crash at your dads place for a bit longer(work something out),then go all out on the car of your choice.You'll be able to do a lot more to it then and enjoy it more,then rather working slave hours to just put some fuel in the tank.

Comment

yeah thats sounds good i wish i was in college

Comment

yeah I just wanted to take a year off so I could get a car now rather than 5 years from now, lol

Comment

remember that with some of those cars you have listed, the z and the sti and DEFINATLY the fd, you'll practacally have to sell your soul to afford insurance, i currently own a 2003 mazda protege and an 87 rx-7 and we won't discuss exactally how much my insurance bill is, but trust me it's a good portion of my paycheck, stay in school, don't be dumb like me and take a year off, trust me, you get out for a year and life happens, forces you to stick around and miss more school, before you know it you're working full time in a tire shop wondering when the hell you're gonna get back to school, and wishing you had never left in the first place. trust me, been there done that, i'm going back to school this year though so yeah that's good, but i'm going to be 21 in january and i have 2 semmesters of credits under my belt, meaning my friends are getting set to graduate, and i'm getting set for my sophomore year, more time in school means less money made in that good job you get after school, means no sweet cars for me. anywho that's my $.02 on it, you gotta make your own mind up though

Comment

Working...
          X