PDA

View Full Version : S13, S14, S15 which is your preference?

flarex.DRIFTER
12-01-2003, 11:58 PM
Personally I like the S15. But a Sil-Eighty is cool too

Feint
12-02-2003, 11:19 AM
I like the production Sileighty,too bad their about as rare as Enzos.

flarex.DRIFTER
12-02-2003, 02:56 PM
Anyone with the specs of the production SilEighty? also the year made?

SHIFT_drift
12-02-2003, 06:14 PM
i love them all, but prob i like the s15 the most.. and yeh the production sileighty is awesome too...

97kouki
12-02-2003, 06:17 PM
zenki and kouki! :D

White_Charisma
12-02-2003, 06:23 PM
sileighty!! two cars in one 180sx+s13 silvia,beautiful creation!!

panda_3ight_6
12-02-2003, 06:23 PM
i think that a S13 is the model of a sports coupe.. i love the old styling of it. and most other 80's japanese cars... MKII MR2.. Celica Supras, AE86, Silvia, FC's..

ACDSupra7
12-02-2003, 06:40 PM
S14. Drift Bible got me into that car for some reason. I swear that there is subliminal messaging somewhere in that vid. LOL. Now I want the Kei-Office coilovers as well =P

Young Drifter
12-02-2003, 07:31 PM
Well i love S14s because i am buying one. But if i lived in japan, id get a fastback s13. I won't get one here in the U.S. because plain and simple, the taillights. U.S. got jipped on taillights. I love the jdm ones for the 13....Is it possible to do a conversion from usdm to jdm tailights on the s13 fastback?

driftxtreem
12-02-2003, 07:40 PM
Who has ever seen a production sileighty? Not they dont exist. They were the conception from a dealer in osaka to boost sales. He did the conversion and got the glass from Nissan. Nissan was not interested in mixing the line when he proposed it to them but they supplied the quarter glass for it. There is a company that still makes quarter glass and will put what ever you want on it if you order enough.

panda_3ight_6
12-02-2003, 09:13 PM
Nissan did officaly make a Sil Eighty. and it was inspired from touge racers. sil eightys came about because touge racers would crash there 180sx on the mountain and get a S13 SR20DET and put it in. then they put the front end in too for fun.

driftxtreem
12-02-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by panda_3ight_6
Nissan did officaly make a Sil Eighty. and it was inspired from touge racers. sil eightys came about because touge racers would crash there 180sx on the mountain and get a S13 SR20DET and put it in. then they put the front end in too for fun.
Show me your proof where is the catalouge where is the sales numbers you all think there is. This and the 40000mile limit JDM engines are the biggest joke here in Japan we laugh our arses off every time we here this. get the facts Ive have cars with over 80000 miles and I still havent heard of this rule. And I still have not seen a sileighty. How many Silvias and 180 s have you seen in your life I probobly see more than that in a day.

gundamzeta
12-02-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Young Drifter
Well i love S14s because i am buying one. But if i lived in japan, id get a fastback s13. I won't get one here in the U.S. because plain and simple, the taillights. U.S. got jipped on taillights. I love the jdm ones for the 13....Is it possible to do a conversion from usdm to jdm tailights on the s13 fastback?

yeah! off course you can. check out www.heavythrottle.com. They have them avialble. they're about the same price as JDM mr2 lights.

boro240
12-02-2003, 11:41 PM
im SOOOOOO tired of people believe this internet rumor bull*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*, and spreading it around like its fact.
NISSAN NEVER MADE SILEIGHTYS
500 were produced by a nissan dealership called Kidsheart, in 1998. they were modified by Kidsheart (including sileighty rear garnish and side window decal, aero bumper, nismo grill, and non-projector headlights, etc), and sold as new cars. they didnt, however, carry a full waranty. most of the car was considered "modified" and you cant get it serviced at nissan for free. again, the cars were modified and sold by KIDSHEART. so you will find no Nissan "sileighty" part numbers, as they do not exist.

http://www.kidsheart.co.jp/sil.htm

all the info is right there

and this is the LAST time i will talk about this.

boro240
12-02-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Young Drifter
JDM tail lights? only kouki 180SX has different tail lights, which were made after 240SX fastback stopped production in america. the US didnt get "jipped" on anything.

driftxtreem
12-03-2003, 12:06 AM
Thanks Boro at least you and me know

AllMotorKing
12-04-2003, 07:46 PM
the BMW S14 engine was the best. ha! some freak in europe got 1000hp out of that sucker w/ a turbo.

Feint
12-04-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by driftxtreem
Who has ever seen a production sileighty? Not they dont exist. They were the conception from a dealer in osaka to boost sales. He did the conversion and got the glass from Nissan. Nissan was not interested in mixing the line when he proposed it to them but they supplied the quarter glass for it. There is a company that still makes quarter glass and will put what ever you want on it if you order enough.

You can consider the 500 produced by Kidsheart the production Sileighty.The definition of production is the act of producing,so therefore it can be consider the production Sileighty,but not an official Sileighty released by Nissan because there is no such thing.

flarex.DRIFTER
12-05-2003, 09:38 AM
Either ways the conception of the SilEighty is still awesome.

VuDuDoc
12-05-2003, 09:55 AM
i like the s13 more than most of the cars ive had. the fit and finish...the driving feel not to mention the rear wheel drive factor. currently i drive a sileighty for looks but over all the 13 is my choice. the 14 is a bit bulky for my tastes. either way you cut it its Nissan all the way

REBEL-D
12-05-2003, 11:24 AM
You can consider the 500 produced by Kidsheart the production Sileighty.The definition of production is the act of producing,so therefore it can be consider the production Sileighty,

From my understanding on this subject a production vehicle must carry a VIN number. A modified production vehicle "SilEighty" or which ever can not be described as a SilEighty production car if it doesn't carry its own VIN (Vehicle Identity Number). If the SilEighty carries a new VIN then it is a production vehicle, if it does not then it may be just a modified car

If you buy a Mustang for example built by Saleen it has a new VIN number. If you buy a Ruf-Porsche a Zakspeed-Capri they all have a new vehicle ID and are now considered a seperate production vehicle from the origional.

I own a Toyota Celica (whoopie right), to most it looks like every other old white 88 celica you see on the road. However the car accelerates to 60 under 6sec and I had to let off the gas yesterday while still accelerating at 150mph. (1. I was on a freeway. 2. It was a sweeping corner@150mph 3. Just a few to many cars) It is a production Toyota but the VIN number is different than any other Celica. The VIN will tell you it's a limited production vehicle homologated for the WRC.

Yes I drift it - and yes I go hunting for people who spent $$$$ on big german sports cars, M3's- AMG's-Porsches etc, It's fun!!!

Nismo_r34
12-06-2003, 12:53 PM
I like the s13 better.

TanabeUSA
12-06-2003, 02:33 PM
Rebel D, you didn't use to post on the old FDM board did you?

S15, the latest, the greatest and the very last of the s-chassis cars from nissan

hardcoredrift
12-06-2003, 04:45 PM
im in a tie with the S15 and the Sil-Eighty. they are both sexy in their own ways.

Space Boy
12-06-2003, 05:12 PM
If I lived in Japan an s15 would be my favorite. But since I live in the US, s14 is the closest I can get. All of them are pretty great cars. The s14 probably has the most parts available to it also, that's why it's easier to upgrade. But, whateva, to each his own.