cressida Qs and As

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cressida Qs and As

i know we have discussed this car a bit on this forum, but i have some more questions:

-does the mark II front end bolt up?

-what problems present themselves in the 1J swap?

-where can i get mark II or chaser front ends and front lip spoilers?

-is it possible to do a manual tranny swap without the entire 1j?

-why was there only one drifting at the last drift day??!!

lol, thanks in advance

cool responses guys, ty

Comment

Cressidas are a pain in the *Censored**Censored**Censored*. There is nothing in the US for the car, parts are hard to import because no one knows what a Chaser is, and they are a absolute *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* to work on. Unless you are ready for a huge headache, move on to something else.

Dead serious, Cressidas are not for beginers.

PS: why was my account deleted? I had to re-register this name.

Comment

its great to hear they're no joke. i just picked up an mx73. i've never been one for the simple route. my current learning platform is an s12 se. seems like the mx may have a better weight layout. also, since it shares the drivetrain with the supra aftermarket build-ups, performance wise, shouldnt be a problem.

Comment

you are in for a rude awakening.

Cressidas are NOT easy, NOT fun, and NOT easy to drift.

They require constant attention, they will spend more time in the garage then on the road, and everything is super expensive and rare.

HAVE FUN!

Comment

Just outta curiosity. What makes them such a pain? Why is it hard to find parts? and Why does it require attention? Details please. Cuz it sounds like an Rx7 to me. Haha

Comment

Can you read Japanese. My friend is a Mark 2, Chaser guru he could tell you in detail what you need and how to do it. But I dont want the hassle of doing the 30 pages of translating. He puts the smac down on allot of cars with his Chaser. One point I know for sure is that there is a heep of parts for them here. His came with a factry box and he did the rest for the power. They will take the 1jz and the 2jz the tourer had turbo stock as well.

Comment

well yeah. in japan is a completely different story.

in america, i have to explain in detail what a chaser is...what 1JZ is and work hard at getting parts in the to US.

I say 1JZ, and everyone is like...what? SR20? RB25? B16?

Comment

its the closest thing to a four door supra you can get. the engine codes in the states are probobly directly related to Nissanoligy. Ten years ago nobody new what a Rb or a dett was.

Comment

Originally posted by Cressida
                    I say 1JZ, and everyone is like...what? SR20? RB25? B16?
                    wow, how the fcuk can "car" people not know what a 1j is....

Comment

i had a mx83; drifted with it for awhile and nothing really bad came out of it, nothing broke down; parts are not that hard to find. Plus, you dontwant to complicate things by asking for 1jz junk, just look for parts for the supra, they fit. If you want a really cheap swap, go to a junk yard a find a 7MGTE, the stock 230hp of the 7MGTE is good enough to do power over......I say its better to learn with cars that are more challenging.

Comment

i like the cressida/chaser! the problem lies with the 7m motor and its weakness for headgaskets. there will be also alot of parts hunting for suspension components via x referencing. I would do it only because i like doing stuff like it. when the motor dies i would look at the 1j cause headgaskets dont sit well with me as a part of maintenance. i would look at earlier models around 86-93 or so and go for a VIP styling

Comment

head gasket problem can be fixed with an HKS unit

Comment

agreed......though not something someone should have to do. i was looking at doing a VIP mazda 929 but tranny problems turned me off real quick....i mean who wants to buy a car knowing that it's tranny or headgasket is gonna crap.

For the chaser ....id get the new motor lined up and waiting for when it did happen 1j baby all the way. sorry getting excited.

Comment

the 1JZ swap is pretty expensive; its a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* with the tranny and everything,...but its one of the best swaps for the cressida

Comment

Working...
                              X