180fan this is for you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 180fan this is for you!

I was just wondering what your background in cars its....because i look at these technical posts and you always have these complicated answers or solutions that ive never heard of....im only 19 but im also a son of a mechanic.. so i have no choice to know what does what and why..so ive heard alot of everything...so whucha story?

nothin. basically all i've learned was from talking to local dealership mechanics, checking online, reading my fsm, asking around on the boards, and most importantly doing it myself. I've encountered alot of weird crap mainly cuz my buddies and I are too broke to go to a dealership to get a mechanic to fix it for us. Alot of my other friends don't really bother to look into the details of jobs and get stuck half way. Reason some of my fixes are long and complicated is because I try to list as much detail as I can so I don't have to come back to read some other post about being stuck on a procedure that they assumed and assumed wrong on. I admit I do make mistakes too but it's also pretty hard to figure out problems online when I'm not in front of the car. For s13's I own one and I'm pretty familiar with them. Other cars like for the Z's I figure alot of different things from the limited experience I have with them but being just another nissan I figure that's what they do to fix it. I do alot more work on toyotas though than other nissans aside from s13's, my buddy's got a mr2 which I'm currently rebuilding his jdm 3sgte for, another one has a 86 which I rebuilt and installed his 4age from a 4ac, my sisters have altimas, accords, and corollas so I get the fwd and different brand experiences from them too as I handle their maintainence. I also do some random work for neighbors so yeah that's where I get my fixes.

Comment

oh about some of the weirder fixes, I basically throw out there some of the stuff I've encountered as I assume you've tried most of the regular stuff you'd encounter usually.

most of my knowledge is limited to japanese cars though, I don't know squat for example about domestics. Never worked on one aside from a 2001 Chevy prism but that's the same as the corolla so yeah.
      Last edited by ; 08-02-2004, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X