Cadillac CTSV Drift Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cadillac CTSV Drift Car?

I'm not a big fan of new cars, but the CTSV by Cadillac with the Corvette LS6 is nice. I was watching the speed channel, and was thinking that it could make a pretty good drift car, if it lost some weight and maybe got some suspension work. Can't be any worse than the GTO(Holden) drifting.

i actually like to look of the cadilac ctsv, especially the 2 that are in the speed gt races. They look really good.

but im sure they could. if you did what was needed to get them to slide. But you can drift any rwd car, as long as your god enough but i think it would be cool, and would represent the domestices well

Comment

The two SPEED GT cars would probably make excellent drifters. All they need are probably some stiffer springs and some drivers capable of drifting. Pratt & Miller built the cars (they also build the Covette C5Rs) and the GM handled the aerodynamics. They weigh over 1000lbs less than stock, and the engine has been relocated well down and aft. I think they had like a 47/53 weight distribution. After they killed everybody at the season opener in Sebring they had to add some weight (not including the success ballast) and were not allowed to have anymore than 51% of the weight over the rear wheels.

Yeah, I think they would make excellent drift cars.

Comment

It's pretty funny that Caddilac came in and kicked everyones *Censored**Censored**Censored* in that race. Then everyone started complaining saying Caddilac is cheating and that it's useless to come to race if Caddilac is going to win. Hmmm...why not just make your car better? O_o haha...

But yea I would love to see a CTS-V drifting...damn ever since I saw the CTS-V I've been in love with it. Ever sit inside one of them? The interior is f**king bad *Censored**Censored**Censored*

Comment

Didnt caddy get beat in mid-ohio this weekend by some vipers and corvettes? i was watching it on speed and some guy was goin down the straight and just got owned by the wall.

Comment

i forget what race it was this weekend, i think pittsberg but the cars lost because one hit another car while braking and it caused it to go in the wall, and then the other his an audi, and spun out, so it lost a few spots, but i think it made it up to fourth or fith. not sure.

Comment

Yea mid-ohio.... decent race. caddy got owned though.

Comment

What do you mean, couldnt be any worse. LOL. It would be GREAT!!

Comment

i love the caddy ctsv. looks like a nomuken rival

Comment

The CTSV is an awsome car, I had the opportunity to drive and drift one 4 months ago and yes it is an awsome car..... I like it much more than the BMW M5... Drifting it is very easy, and the car gets sick angle with the stock steering rack. You wouldn't need to do much to make it competitive from stock, short of putting it on a diet. You can get the car so sideways you think its gone and the thing just comes back, probably one of the most predictable cars I have driven.
                    Ryan Hampton

Baller Bolts Titanium Hardware

Comment

thats my dream 4 door drift car

Comment

Originally posted by RyanHampton
                        The CTSV is an awsome car, I had the opportunity to drive and drift one 4 months ago and yes it is an awsome car..... I like it much more than the BMW M5... Drifting it is very easy, and the car gets sick angle with the stock steering rack. You wouldn't need to do much to make it competitive from stock, short of putting it on a diet. You can get the car so sideways you think its gone and the thing just comes back, probably one of the most predictable cars I have driven.
                        How does it compare to the GTO in your opinion...

Does the CTS-V have the dynamic dampers the one with the MR fluid? Magnetic Fluid that is controlled by a complex control system?

Man I'm taking a class about those new fluids and other types of intelligent materials (meaning controllable... they can do cool things). I can't wait...

So Ryan in your opinion... CTS-V or GTO?

Matt.

Comment

Having drivin' both, and if both were stock...

I would have to say CTSV
                          The ones I drove did have the MR. I don't think when I drove it it was constantly changing. The control system is mainly for ride comfort once they are sideways it don't matter much. Also the first time I drove it they only used the MR for tour and sport modes on the ride comfort, but when you switched between the two you noticed a difference in ride. Those fluids are pretty cool though. change viscosity in a micro second... It would be cool to program telemetry to help you drift?
                          Ryan Hampton

Baller Bolts Titanium Hardware

Comment

Originally posted by RyanHampton
                            Having drivin' both, and if both were stock...

I would have to say CTSV
                            The ones I drove did have the MR. I don't think when I drove it it was constantly changing. The control system is mainly for ride comfort once they are sideways it don't matter much. Also the first time I drove it they only used the MR for tour and sport modes on the ride comfort, but when you switched between the two you noticed a difference in ride. Those fluids are pretty cool though. change viscosity in a micro second... It would be cool to program telemetry to help you drift?
                            Does the CTS-V come with the MR Fluid Dampers or with Traditions oil piston based dampers?

Also, the response time for that fluid is almost instantaneous... Therefore you'll barely feel any bumps in the road if you set it to comfort settings. Amazing what modern control systems are capable of. I took a class on Control Systems. I had a hard on in every class period. That *#$^ is fun...

Man... Ryan... After I graduate, help find me a job where they design this stuff... I promise to hook you up with some of the highest tech dampers and #*$% like that. hehehe

Matt.
                            Last edited by Craftsman; 08-05-2004, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Re: Cadillac CTSV drift car

Originally posted by Ziptyed
                              I'm not a big fan of new cars, but the CTSV by Cadillac with the Corvette LS6 is nice. I was watching the speed channel, and was thinking that it could make a pretty good drift car, if it lost some weight and maybe got some suspension work. Can't be any worse than the GTO(Holden) drifting.
                              That suspension doesn't need work on that CTS if it's based on the MR fluid... All it would need is tweaked transfer function in the suspension computer...

If you don't know what a transfer function is, it's an equation that describes the output/input of a control system. Basically, it determines the output based on input.

Anyways... enough geek talk for me...

Matt.

Comment

Working...
                              X