240SX BHG (headgasket)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 240SX BHG (headgasket)?

Hey guys, I'm KA24 stupid here. How much would it be to replace a blown head gasket for an '89 240SX.

A guy had a 5spd and told me to come pick it up for free. And I can't ignore a free car.

I guess no one likes you or doesn't know the answer, so I'll tell you. Look at the minimum of about 300 dollars. That will be a cheap shop. Most will be 500 and up easily. I would do it myself if I were you. Go buy a FSM and a chilton/haynes and get to it. Save the money for an exhaust or something. Go for it, don't be scurred, it's not hard.

Comment

not as much as a bhg on a supra!
      pick it up it's free!!! And if you can't fix it or don't have the money to do it. I'll buy it off of you for 500 bucks.

Comment

RE:

That's pretty much what I thought. I was going to go to a yard and pick up the headgasket, then swap it over the weekend.

Comment

Dude, do it yourself. Bout 150 bucks

Comment

RE:

Well, turns out that it was long-gone anyhow. But I've found another project 240sx I might do.

Comment

why is that CHAS has to keep coming up with the right answers on this website.

Comment

Is that a bad thing?

Comment

and why on god's green earth would you get a head gasket from a junkyard?!?!?! dont you know they have to be brand new or you will just be replacing a blown head gasket with (quite possibly) ANOTHER blown head gasket? you never know but why take the risk...
                  and if you cant afford a measley 30 bucks or so for a new head gasket then you are in the wrong motorsport.

Comment

Working...
                  X