Z28 Drift Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z28 Drift Crash

I bought a 2000 Z28 last year and had my heads ported and a wild cam and tuned and I made 394 to the ground. I had other intake parts (lid, MAF, TB, etc) But anyways. Where I live there is a banked corner that is awesome for drifting, not sharp, long, banked, and smooth as hell. Anyways, a buddy of mine has 300z and he took me for a ride around this corner in his car, and I thought man if my car could do this. Well we went and got my car, and surprisingly enough my car performed flawless THE FIRST TIME. I had to baby the throttle so much, f-bodies are light as hell in the rear. I tried it a second time. Yeah not so good. Made it 1/2 around the corner, and my right rear tire blew and my rear end swung around so fast that I didn't know what happened. But any ways, I ended up hitting a telephone pole. It didn't break the pole just my entire front end. Brand new SS hood ruined. I will have pics to prove soon. I am getting it estimated on the cost to fix. It looks terrible, a friend of mine said that it should cost anywhere from 3500 to 5500 to fix and repaint. I will try to get some pics of it tonight.

Your right rear blew after only one and a half passes? What condition was it in previously?

Your first post emphasizes why people should practice drifting in open areas, or at least areas with plenty of runoff room.

Comment

well evidently the tire wasnt in that great of shape to start. i have practiced in other cars, but I know I should of practiced with mine in an open area first.

Comment

Honestly, it sounds like it's time to pull the motor and go car shopping.

Consider it a lesson learned the hard way and move on.

Comment

I wanna see someone drift the ls6 Ultima GTR. I plan to rebuild it to drift, ill try to get some pics so people will believe me

Comment

Oh man, that really sucks. I am a huge fan of F-bodys too. My brother has an 86 trans am that is modded. He doesnt drift too often, but put it in a strait line against someone and its a hell of a fighter. He has beaten many LT1s with it but LS1s are a bit beefier. The latest kill was an 03 Accord V6 on the highway. She didnt know what was coming to her. Come check out my bros car sometime. When I get mine I will have pics up too!
            http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/331234

Comment

Nah, sounds like it's time to pull the motor and sell it to me so I can stick it in my FD. Drool.

Comment

why would you drift a z28? it has a freking big *Censored**Censored**Censored*

Comment

take a z28, and do some carbon goodies on it. and other types of weight reduction.

Comment

Big azz or not, Z28's can drift fine. My recomendation is to lay off on the engine mods (stock LS1 is great for drifting), do some suspension mods (keeping balance in mind), and always be sure to check your tires before you drift. I would also recommend you practice/learn in an area with no objects, something like a big parking lot. I'm a pretty crazy guy, but I would never have tried to drift on the street (around objects) my first time out. Good luck and stay safe!

Comment

Man that sucks...especially cause its a fourth gen. But anyways since your front end is damaged I'd also suggest getting some fiberglass/carbon fiber parts to replace some front end. While the front fenders weight pretty much nothing since thier plastic. Replace the hood with a carbon or fiberglass hood. That'll shave some weight off the front. Then also try get a body kit from Japan...believe it or not some Japan companies make some bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* body kits for fourth gen camaros. My friends have a few pictures of a few that they saw up in Japan this past weekend. I'll post them up when they give them to me.

Hmmm...aren't fourth gens weight distribution better then third gens? If so then the back end shouldn't be that light...you should move your battery to the trunk. Also maybe you should tune your suspension to have a little more traction in the rear. An adjustible torque arm will help with this a lot.
                      Last edited by REVLIMIT; 08-06-2004, 12:19 AM.

Comment

To Honda hater

Why do you hate honda's, My mate i kid you not has an Integra type R which punches out a hefty 500hp from the front wheels yeah he gets it sidways, But !@#$# it can smoke up on the spot.
                        Plus rollbacks are a must with 500 hp 13000 rpm, With twin nos bottles.

Comment

Drifting a CTSV

Dont stop we need variety.

Comment

The only Integra that I like is the RWD conversion one that drifts in Formula D O_o Mostly because I don't like FWD if its for performance. If its a daily driver or Pimp mobile then FWD is cool...but performance? Gotta be RWD...or atleast AWD

Comment

Re: To Honda hater

Originally posted by ausdrifter
                              Why do you hate honda's, My mate i kid you not has an Integra type R which punches out a hefty 500hp from the front wheels yeah he gets it sidways, But !@#$# it can smoke up on the spot.
                              Plus rollbacks are a must with 500 hp 13000 rpm, With twin nos bottles.
                              because i used to live in okinawa where they teach you that it's strictly economic. the majority of them arent modded and fall victim to me when a kid thinks his stock SiR or type R can take me. here in the states they are everywhere, in fort walton beach alone, there are more civics there than they are skylines in okinawa. too damn many of em, and RICED out too. not all but alot of em. i just hate seeing them

by the way, speaking of camaros, there are a few camaros owned by the japanese over in okinawa. when i went back there, i seen this dark shiny green camaro SS in front of an arcade. gtr's rule the streets NONETHELESS.

Comment

Working...
                              X