ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TANABE or TEIN Suspension for Drifting and Circuit Racing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TANABE or TEIN Suspension for Drifting and Circuit Racing?

Which suspension would be better for drifting and circuit racing, I know the Tanabe Sustec Pro DD's are drift specific, but which model of the Tein Suspensions can match it? And which one would be better for both drifting, auto x, and circuit racing?

TEIN TYPE HE DAMPER (Drifting Suspension)
    http://www.drifting.com/article.php?threadid=129

http://www.drifting.com/article.php?threadid=129

Comment

Nice.

Basically the Tein HEs are the drift models, and the RA/REs are the circuit models.

The main difference is in the spring rate. You'll get something like 800 on the RA, whereas the HEs are around 3-400.

Plus they only make the HEs for the S13,S14, and FC.

Comment

(*These aren't Tein's only models, just the ones I thought would closest match what you're looking for)

Comment

tein Flex its a good one

Comment

the tein Flex is awesome, thats what i am currently running on my miata and it can b tuned from street to circuit to autox to drift. The people at tein are happy to help u out with settings too. The tein HE and Tanabe DD are good for drifting but theres a big difference between the two, the Tanabe is actually set for a natural oversteer at the limit which is good if ure a newbie to the sport, but will make it more difficult to drift when you are getting better and attempting high speeds because the controll will be more touchy. The Tein HE is actually set to understeer at the limit which makes braking drifts easier to controll and is actually more forgiving if you overspeed into a corner. Also braking while drifting is more forgiving with the teins. If your car is a daily driver tho id go with the tein flex. You can get prety much the same settings as the HE on drift days and when u drive on the street u can have a nice setting too, and you can use the EDFC so u can preset all ure settings and change them with a touch of a button!! COOL! Also the tein HE and tanabe DD arent going to be ure best bet for autox, which is obvious cause they arent a gymkhana/circuit spec suspension. If you want another alternative to the tein flex, try the HKS Hipermax II, I have this one also!! (although its not installed) The hipermax II is a little more expensive however it is a little more track oriented, It can also be adjusted from street to autox to drift, i believe this is the suspension that Nobuteru Taniguchi uses in the HKS S15. So you know the drift performance is there. However the first thing to consider would be ure skill!!! If your really good then the Hipermax will be great, or even the HE and DD if all u want to do is drift, but if you want to be able to be comfortable on the street and then be really competitive on the track in all areas then teh Flex rules. Honestly id go with the flex.

Comment

i second the flex, ive had em for awhile now and they are perfect for street drift auto x even decent at the 1/4 (ya i kno, but i had to shut up sum friends)

Comment

I'd go JIC flt-a2 or Silkroad

Comment

the JIC is really good but they are pretty pricey and the customer service is terrible!!! i ordered dampers from them for my buddies FC and they told us 5 buisness days for shipping, we called 7 days later and they said they hadnt shipped yet, but they were in stock, which doesnt make much sense to me. if they were in stock they should have shipped. So they told us they would express it for free.... called again a week later.... "Oops we seem to have lost your order... we can just take it again" me- "but you charged my card already!!!" so i had to fax them over my statement and then they shipped them out and we got them by snail mail 10 days after that. The silkroads are good too and from what i hear they can even perform in the snow... But if something goes wrong with one of them its hard to have it fixed. Tein has a warranty and can rebuild the dampers for you too if one should die. Also the EDFC is so cool. Mine has a setting for street, a setting for drift, and a setting for autox.

Comment

Working...
                  X