Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RA65 Celica.. Operation Driftable

Hey all,
    New here so guess I had better start with what seems to have become like tradition in this forum.. What will I need in order to drift a '85 RA65 Toyota Celica, it's fitted with a 22R-E engine, has a fair bit of power (compared to what I'm used to driving anyway, a Ford Mondeo), and RWD.. Now as far as I know the car doesn't have an LSD, but I have read that the LSD from the same year Supra will bolt straight up.. If anyone has seen/performed this mod please let me know what other parts I'd need to rip out of a donor car?
    Ok now to the question I really meant to ask, what advantages does an AE86 have over a Celica that makes it so popular and the Celica so.. Not? The Celica looks very similar, and perhaps weighs a bit more, but where I live (Australia) a decent import Sprinter is fetching $10k+ whereas I'm getting the Celica for a little over 2k.. Is the 86 really that much lighter? Does it offer better weight distribution? Is the 4A-GE really such a beast (the one I heard running sounded pretty dismal!)? Is the chassis rigider (Is that even a word??)? Or is it that everyone wants to be a tofu delivery boy?
    What do I need to rival this evil 86? How can I make my car a 'Roku-Go'?!
    Please help me overcome this fearsome foe!!

Well i just got one for free and I must say i really enjoy the car it has good steering response and feel and the car is pretty light once you gut it. I think mine is down to about 2200 and change. I have no a/c no PS and a custom sidepipe i built for it.

I havent driven it a hole lot yet because its gonna be a track car only so its there i will have to practice with it but one of the things i like most about it is the susp and the brakes. The brakes are huge for how small the car is and how little it weighs.

Comment

go GTS

yeah i got an 85 GTS too n its a pretty hard to break the rear loose because because of multi link suspension, n its a pretty heavy car i think....the bolt on rear end i think works only from a supra to a GTS cause the GT has different suspension. Feints work nice when drifting but i just can't hold it very long at all without the LSD...i need one to!

Comment

i have a ported 22re head, with rebuilt motor. it'll give ya some power. 150 bucks

Comment

Working...
        X