AE86; How much do they cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AE86; How much do they cost?

I am lookin for my first car. so i am wanting a car that has a lot a lot of japaneese culture to it. so i chose the AE86. how much does one run for normally? Because I am goin to restore one. And also how much do u think getting one imported from japan would cost?

Don't get an AE86 as a first car PERIOD

Comment

Agree with the above statement. The AE86 is not the best beginner car. Just cause they are in Initial D doenst mean you will kick *Censored**Censored**Censored* if you get one.

Comment

Japanese culture in the car world is called "JDM" buddy, which stands for "Japanese domestic market". If I felt like I could flame you like hell for asking something like this...They're been a lot of threads like this one. Use the "search" key. To be straight forward, you will not import an 86 from Japan, and it is ridiculous to buy a 86 from anyone who knows about drifting right now. Very rarely you would find someone who doesn't know about it...Everyone else do not flame this guy...

nihon no bunka no kuruma?

Comment

Tuner is right.

Have you gone to a local Toyota dealership and asked to see the parts catalog for an AE86? Tell them you're planning on restoring one. They'll either laugh you out of the dealership, or they'll immediately begin construction on the new wing of the dealership your "restoration" will be funding.

Research beforehand, and you will realize that restoration is impractical for anyone without a nice income.

Importing from Japan will cost a bundle, and so will legalization.

My advice: Read several pages from each forum on club4ag.com.

Comment

I don't want this to turn into a war...Better to just drop it, I think he gets the point now...

Comment

All right we can be nice...I guess. Ruining all my fun. Lol. Hope you got some good info out of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Thai Juku
                Japanese culture in the car world is called "JDM" buddy, which stands for "Japanese domestic market". If I felt like I could flame you like hell for asking something like this...They're been a lot of threads like this one. Use the "search" key. To be straight forward, you will not import an 86 from Japan, and it is ridiculous to buy a 86 from anyone who knows about drifting right now. Very rarely you would find someone who doesn't know about it...Everyone else do not flame this guy...

nihon no bunka no kuruma?

Uhhh yea im not dumb i know wat JDM means. BUt wat im talking bout is like a real japaneese car.And there is no need for flamers here. all i asked was a simple question and if u wanna flame then go on ahead and be retarded.
                Last edited by NoOneBetter; 08-06-2004, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
                  Tuner is right.

Have you gone to a local Toyota dealership and asked to see the parts catalog for an AE86? Tell them you're planning on restoring one. They'll either laugh you out of the dealership, or they'll immediately begin construction on the new wing of the dealership your "restoration" will be funding.

Research beforehand, and you will realize that restoration is impractical for anyone without a nice income.

Importing from Japan will cost a bundle, and so will legalization.

My advice: Read several pages from each forum on club4ag.com.

nah my brothers friend works at a toyota dealership.

Comment

But theres one car ive always loved and thats the 95 rx-7. how much do those run for?

Comment

the internet is your friend

try
                      www.autotrader.com
                      www.edmunds.com
                      www.usedcars.com
                      www.recycler.com
                      www.autoweb.com

Comment

To everyone,

This is not a place to flame. Be patient, respectful, and helpful or do not post.

Originally posted by NoOneBetter
                        Uhhh yea im not dumb i know wat JDM means. BUt wat im talking bout is like a real japaneese car.And there is no need for flamers here. all i asked was a simple question and if u wanna flame then go on ahead and be retarded.

Comment

But theres one car ive always loved and thats the 95 rx-7. how much do those run for?
                          OMG...Do you have like a flavor of the day or something? Get a 240sx, end of discussion...And don't think that "Oh, everyone has one of those, and I have a sophisticated taste". Swallow your pride damnit.

Comment

definitly a 240sx

badass car no matter wut...

Comment

A little pent up hostility. No one on here was flaming you. We simply asked people not to cause sometime people are hard on the Newbies. We were just trying to be nice and helpful. I know you have a connection at Toyota but still before anything go there and check out the prices on the parts, with a discount. It is rediculious how much it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X