Drift Technique?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drift Technique?!?!?

I was just wondering how everyone drifts. I've been a proud owner of a crx si for many years, now and I used to slide it around corners and built my technique off of that. Now I got an FC and it got more complicated after being used to FF cars. I find it easy to initiate the drift by kicking the clutch, and I got used to using heel toe to slow down with a smooth transition. But the control part i can't get used to, in FF I could maintain control much easy using the gas, or e-brake. But in the rx7 giving it gas changes how it acted. Sometimes I spin out, or sometimes it counters really hard. Anyone want to help? or tell me what techniques you guys use. Thanks

RE:

The thing about the throttle is getting a feel for it. Just keep up the practice and you'll know exactly how much throttle to give your drift. Basically, too much throttle = spin out. Too little throttle = tires re-grip/rebound.
    Last edited by ACDSupra7; 12-02-2003, 08:55 PM.

Comment

welp first get some rear toe eliminators!!! Racing beat sells them or mazdatrix, that will help a crap load, then get coilovers FCs are tough to drift cause they are quick and love to snap back, pratice hard
      Attached Files

Comment

Re: Drift Technique?!?!?

Originally posted by stockFC
        I was just wondering how everyone drifts. I've been a proud owner of a crx si for many years, now and I used to slide it around corners and built my technique off of that. Now I got an FC and it got more complicated after being used to FF cars. I find it easy to initiate the drift by kicking the clutch, and I got used to using heel toe to slow down with a smooth transition. But the control part i can't get used to, in FF I could maintain control much easy using the gas, or e-brake. But in the rx7 giving it gas changes how it acted. Sometimes I spin out, or sometimes it counters really hard. Anyone want to help? or tell me what techniques you guys use. Thanks
        I feel ya dude!.. I got an 88.. FC what about you?
        Anyways.. I get a snap back after entering with a drift. What I do... "Feather" your gas. Oh yeah, stiffen out your suspension, but for a stock, just keep practicing. Because you'll like it, when you get a suspension upgrade.

Comment

I got an 87 n/a. I try practicing as much as I can, but I live in northern Illinois, flat and straight land for miles, all I've got are empty parking lots, but thanks for the help.

Comment

I also have a crx si w/ a ralley sapension, now that is fun to drive.

Comment

Working...
            X