FC3S Drift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FC3S Drift

I noticed in the option video not a lot of people prefer the FC, why is that? is just due to preference of the silvias over the rx7? just wanted to know what kinda problems i would run into besides rotary issues, and what are the major issues with rotary when it comes to drifting? please bear with me on this still a newbie thanks

Drifting an FC???

I was wondering the same thing as the other dude there... I know the e-brake on the FC3S doesnt work while trying to drift it only works when you park...I was also wondering if i can bypass that e-brake problem...please help!!!

Comment

Well i think that rx7s in general are a lot harder to drift than most of the other drift cars because they love to grip. Here in the states it might be because of lack of rotary knowledge and that their are not many rx7s out there. Also parts arent cheap for the rx7.

E-brake problem? My friend w/ a 1989 T2 uses his ebrake a lot and it seems to work. Maybe your not holding it up long enough? What exactly are you useing the ebrake for while your drifting. My friend uses it to start his drifts sometimes.

Comment

yea they are a few FC drifters out there most people get scared of the rotary

Comment

I will openly admit to being scared of the Rotary engine. Especially in the Phoenix heat. Had 4 friends blow motors this summer cause of the heat, 2 were rotaries. I have an eight-six but I would love to have a rotary car one day (with enough money to run in the 112 degree heat)

Comment

I drift FC yummm

Comment

i drift my n/a fc but for high speed drifts my 3rd gear is wimpy

Comment

The FC can be a good platform for drifting but you do need to change a few more things then the 240's. That and most people are afraid of the rotary.

All in all they can be really good drift cars with a bit of extra time.
                BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

I drift a FC3S. It's awesome. Rotary, is no big deal for me, because it's just a different type of motor. I personally like it better. I drift mine, but to all of those people who say that 240's can drift better have no clue what they're talking about. Just try it on your own and gain your own expieriences. Fun stuff.

Comment

hmm... i'd say the biggest thing about FC's is that most people purchase them around 150k miles, and if there's no rebuilds done recently, or at all, then there's a good chance the motor or seals are gonna go out soon. most N/A's don't have a LSD, and all USDM FC's have what's called DTSS (Dynamic Toe Steering System) that makes it feel like you're oversteering when you're really not (but it really doesn't apply to drift that much) and can actually turn out to be quite dangerous at high speeds. However, if you get the Racing Beat toe eliminators, it'll handle just like a normal RWD car (supposedly, I never got around to ripping apart the rear end just to install the eliminators). I think those are pretty much the big drifting and general issues with FC's, but if you have any other questions, feel free to PM or e-mail me.

Comment

FC's make great Drift Cars and plus they look "retro"
                      check out Option volume 87.....the Fc's in there Kick!

AlexPfeiffer: "That and most people are afraid of the rotary."

i agree!

Comment

S13 / S14 is a lot easier to drift.

Comment

Originally posted by f8ldzz
                          S13 / S14 is a lot easier to drift.
                          I'll agree with that to an extent. The FC is EXTREMELY forgiving in low speed drifts. I.E. the stuff you do in small parking lots. They are great for learning the basics in, but when you get much more advance the stock parts have their limits. For example angle of countersteer leaves something to be desired, but they have a really cheap "spacer" mod that takes car of that, then as mentioned before replacing ALL The bushings and putting in some delrin rear steer eliminator bushings is about the best thing you can do for these cars because they are so old. But, after those two little mods they are damn good drift cars even if they are otherwise stock. The S4s clutch type LSD is lovely and the Viscous on the S5s is just fine when it's still working.

Comment

Originally posted by ruinerFC
                            The FC is EXTREMELY forgiving in low speed drifts. I.E. the stuff you do in small parking lots. They are great for learning the basics in, but when you get much more advance the stock parts have their limits.
                            Hmmm...my experience has been the opposite.
                            Due to the low polar moment and relatively light rear, the car tends to snap-spin whether it's low speed or high speed.
                            A lot has to do with the limited steering angle the FC offers, as you cannot react quick enough to catch the oversteer happening.

For example angle of countersteer leaves something to be desired, but they have a really cheap "spacer" mod that takes car of that,
                            Yeah, it adds a little more steering angle, but at that point the S13 / S14 guys can do the same thing.
                            Hell, they got bolt-on tie rods that allow for even more steering angle.

The S4s clutch type LSD is lovely and the Viscous on the S5s is just fine when it's still working.
                            In my experience, the stock clutch-type LSD's are all junk by now.
                            This necessitates a pricey rebuild or an aftermarket replacement.
                            Most owners don't even realize their LSD's are bad.
                            As for VLSD's, they are just plain junk.
                            I've watched the S13 guys try and use a VLSD, and they really have no place in driftiing.

Comment

i would love an fc, but it really is the rotary that turns me off of it. A guy out here in washington has gone though an s13, ae86 and now his fc tII, which he got a great deal but even with his koyo radiator he blew his engine, and now has to drive his boro ae86. Its just that the engines end up being as much of a money pit as the ae86 is to keep running. I will find out when he gets his new engine in, but i really wouldnt go rotary unless i had another car.

Comment

Working...
                              X