ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Initial 180SX Modifications for Drifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial 180SX Modifications for Drifting?

Hi I'm new to this site and new to drifting and soon I will be importing my very own 1989 Nissan 180sx with CA18DET engine from Japan. You guys are already heavily into drifting so you must know whats good and whats not. What would be the first thing I should change or get for my 180sx to set it up for a bit of drifting?

Thanks mates

how about a tune up and checking over consumable items like your timing belt, brake pads, change fluids, and such. Then look into new shocks and springs, sway bars, strut tower bars, possibly an LSD although it could be debated that you should get the LSD after you're a bit more familiar with drifting, brake rotors and or calipers, or a biggie alot of people tend to over look: tires? Those are all pretty good places to start, although alot of people tend to start with shocks and springs or jump to coilovers.

Comment

word. i would say the general things like he mentioned.. but i think the biggest diff. will be in the tires.

Comment

Quick question.

HOw hard and how much does it cost to import and legalize a japanese car in Aust?

Just wondering?
        Is there a smog issue? Minor Modification to the chassi? Crush zone requirements?

Comment

Originally posted by CRASHDRIVE
          Quick question.

HOw hard and how much does it cost to import and legalize a japanese car in Aust?

Just wondering?
          Is there a smog issue? Minor Modification to the chassi? Crush zone requirements?

the law has changed recently... now we can only import cars that are 15 years or older. but if we are talking about A RS13 180sx..we are looking at $4000 for the car and another $3000 to get it running. (AUSD)

Comment

^Kinda like here almost, but we have to wait 25 years and then they don't give a damn...

Comment

180sx's usually come with LSD's....So that's why the Silvia's are becoming inflated,why did they have to change the laws in Oz?

Comment

Working...
              X