Miata Headlight Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miata Headlight Conversion

I wanted a different look for my car. So i decided to fabricate some different headlights for my miata.

*note* i did this all by myself in about 3 hours...and didn't cost me a dime, The only draw backs to this modification are that my brights no longer work, due to the fact that these headlights were meant for a different car. As for vision clarity during the night, i have no idea yet. I'll post it up later tonight

where i got the idea

and correction the the post above, the brights DO work, and i did all the angling and crap like 30 minutes ago, so everything is okie dokie alrighty. I'm jus use some PVC cement to cement the lights in place...
    Last edited by Nemesis; 08-09-2004, 08:16 PM.

Looks good, what they come from? Neat fabrication there.

Comment

i have no idea really, i found those headlights lying around my shop, so i got an idea...hehe

Comment

i might be the only one here that has no idea what u did to the headlights?

did u put them in deeper or something?

Comment

lol, no, the original Miata headlights come up way higher and are round, i simply put in rectangular headlights and lowered the headlight "flaps?" so that it has a unique and permanate sleepy look

Comment

can you post up a close up pic i wanted to do the same thing to my miata

Comment

I'm sorry but I'M NOT TAKEN THAT CRAP APART! IT TOOK TOO LONG TO PUT TOGETHER...lol...ok now that that's out of the way. I can give u help on how to do it but thats about it...if i gave u a close up all you'd see is the cut up light housing...

Comment

cannot see! da.mn work computers and blocking s.hit! oh well ill see it when i get home i guess, i never liked the rectangle look or the single round stock lights!

I did recently see New Celica headlights molded in, looked kinda sick! he also had RX-8 Lights in the back!

i think my sleepers work for now yah have tah take the plastic surrounds off of the lights for it to look right...

Thrillz

Comment

Forgive me for sayin, but your miata looks like it's on drugs...

Comment

yeah thats where i got the idea too from the sankou auto roadster...i think active auto makes the headlight conversion

Comment

oh ok now i can see it...

it looks...... umm.... ill just say im not a fan, they look a bit high. i think if yah lowerd them a bit. i found the best hieght is to take your fuse cover and use it as a guide turn it side-ways but not long ways.

and dude we have tah do something about that hole in your bumper recut it slightly bigger but not crooked and put some mesh behind it.

lemme know if yah ever need any help.

Yah know im being totally honest.. late

Thrillz

Comment

haha i don't wanna recut it, makes my car more boro lol...

i personally don't care, the front is messed up anyways, so i'm planning on grabbin a wisdom kit off ebay sometime soon along with a hardtop.

Comment

i knew it'd look better with square lights. hehe. looks good man.

im trying to find thin rectangle HID fog's to put into my 240.

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRoadster
                            oh ok now i can see it...

it looks...... umm.... ill just say im not a fan, they look a bit high. i think if yah lowerd them a bit. i found the best hieght is to take your fuse cover and use it as a guide turn it side-ways but not long ways.

and dude we have tah do something about that hole in your bumper recut it slightly bigger but not crooked and put some mesh behind it.

lemme know if yah ever need any help.

Yah know im being totally honest.. late

Thrillz
                            or you could just get the RS Aizawa nose, it has that front cut out like that already and works great with the JR intake. Those lights are ok... better than the stock ones atleast. Just dont get teh fixed aero lights, i got those and afte a week they cracked when i closed the hood, now i use the moss conversion, love it. Hey what kind of suspension are you guys using?

Comment

Well I dont want to jack your thread but if anyone is interested on a PIVOT Retractable half Unit, let me know. I only have one and it's brand new.

Here's the pic
                              http://crashdrive.50megs.com/pivot

It's universal, all the instructions are in Japanese. I was going to do it to my AE86 but I decided to either keep the original look or covert to a Levin.
                              Anyways..
                              Here's the links of all of the parts im selling.
                              http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=6799

Email me @ put3ska99_2000@yahoo.com or PM me here.

Again, so sorry, im just wodering if anyone would be interested on a controller that makes your car do that "Droopy eyes" thing
                              Last edited by CRASHDRIVE; 08-11-2004, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X