Tell me about the Dragons Tail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about the Dragons Tail

Hey I was wondering about the dragons tail, and places to run in Georgia. Pics, and directions would be great. No directions on this thread though PM me.

go to www.tailofthedragon.com

Comment

Blood Mountain, North Ga. Mountains Hwy 129

Comment

Heres a map of TAIL OF THE DRAGON...
        Attached Files

Comment

holy hell batman!! that is one hell of a run!!

Comment

Yeap, specially if you have no power steering. Crud corner is correctly named as well. Lot's of people go down there. Heck, lots of people go down all over the thing. That road is almost impossible to Drift on so don't even think about that. The amount of Traffic, wildlife, hunters, curves right on one another and just plain out silliness of the layout adds up to death for Drifters.

The fastest guy up there sports the times on Bike and Car. 9min 48 secs on a bike and 10 mins 18 secs in a car. In an FD no less.

Comment

Well theres only one way to find out if this road is dangerous, *vroom,vroom*

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                That road is almost impossible to Drift on so don't even think about that. The amount of Traffic, wildlife, hunters, curves right on one another and just plain out silliness of the layout adds up to death for Drifters.
                thats like our road here, except a fast run takes like 4 mins tops...takes like 6 or 7 mins just cruiseing...its not that long....do the cops ever go up there?

Comment

Re: Tell me about the Dragons Tail

Originally posted by Drifter-ex
                  Hey I was wondering about the dragons tail, and places to run in Georgia. Pics, and directions would be great. No directions on this thread though PM me.
                  your pm is not on.

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=7264

Comment

It's an amazing road, but it is sooo crowded and it would be ok if it were only filled with sportbikes and sportscars, but eveytime ive been, i always get stuck behind a line of cars or a bunch those dumb goldwings or harleys. and ive usually been on weekdays in the morning so its not like im being stupid and going sunday afternoon. My dad still loves riding it on his motorcycle, but its a lot easier for him to get around blockages with a 2 ft wide motorcycle and 100 hp than with my 5 ft wide car and the same 100hp.

Basically there are so many good backroads around where I live, I really don't have much desire to go to the dragon.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshallMX5
                      It's an amazing road, but it is sooo crowded and it would be ok if it were only filled with sportbikes and sportscars, but eveytime ive been, i always get stuck behind a line of cars or a bunch those dumb goldwings or harleys. and ive usually been on weekdays in the morning so its not like im being stupid and going sunday afternoon. My dad still loves riding it on his motorcycle, but its a lot easier for him to get around blockages with a 2 ft wide motorcycle and 100 hp than with my 5 ft wide car and the same 100hp.

Basically there are so many good backroads around where I live, I really don't have much desire to go to the dragon.
                      It does get crowded, but if you can catch that one time when you can make an uninterupted run up or down the mtn. it makes all the waiting in line worth it.
                      Last edited by jaydm180sx; 08-13-2004, 01:35 PM.

Comment

I was looking at the map, and a guy in an FD ran that in 10 minutes. Thats crazy! So what are the fastest times u guys have run? sorry I didn't know my PM isn't on.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                          The fastest guy up there sports the times on Bike and Car. 9min 48 secs on a bike and 10 mins 18 secs in a car. In an FD no less.
                          what do you expect, fds are NASTy, man that dragon chick is hot and god damint i wish we had a place like this in the tri state, one year imma take off and just drive around the country visiting all the mountains with the fd ill make a video and sell it muahahahah first to the drifters on drifting.com and than the world muahhahahahahahaha

maybe not, but that run doesnt seem to be very driftable at all

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDragon871
                            what do you expect, fds are NASTy, man that dragon chick is hot and god damint i wish we had a place like this in the tri state, one year imma take off and just drive around the country visiting all the mountains with the fd ill make a video and sell it muahahahah first to the drifters on drifting.com and than the world muahhahahahahahaha

maybe not, but that run doesnt seem to be very driftable at all

you have plenty of spot up there you just need to look. Try Mtn. Washington or the Catskills

Comment

Mt Washington rofl.

Yea, it's really fun to go tear down roads that are lined with signs like this one:

Now granted they have been doing the Mount Washington Hillclimb since the days of old:

But they've also been rocking the same road for about as long:

Only a lunatic would attempt to tear down mount washington...that road is not a joke.

There is many a good road up that way though.

Comment

Working...
                              X